All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Events (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   2012 Gatormeet (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=5471)

gator 02-13-2012 11:05 AM

2012 Gatormeet

Here are the dates for the 2012 Gatormeet.

May 11,12,13 2012

Address is ..

5916 Laurel court
Adamstown Maryland 21710
Cell…240-674-2101

I have 3 acres so parking and camping are no problem.
I have a moderate equipped shop but bring any equipment you want. No projects as of yet but have plenty of things to do. If you want to bring your own project that’s fine. If your project is larger than a hood please let me know in advance.

This will be a Friday thru Sunday event. Come for 1 hour or all three days.
We will serve lunch and dinner Saturday and lunch Sunday. Friday will be a fend for yourself. Might try and work something in for dinner Friday

Cost ……FREE. All donations will be accepted.

Please bring your own safety equipment. As the date gets closer I will set some projects up.

I would like a head count so I know how much food to get..

There are plenty of hotels in Frederick Maryland about 10 minutes away..

More to follow……Gator

J. Clear 02-13-2012 11:54 AM

That's great news Gator. I'll be there, probably bring a friend or 2. Looking forward to it. Book my spot.

J.

rlile 02-13-2012 07:51 PM

LOL
if Gators meet is too far away...
I'm having one in Illinois the same weekend:lol:

Nice to see you getting back into it, Gator!

gator 02-16-2012 04:02 PM

Back to the top...

ojh 02-17-2012 04:16 PM

This is great news Gator, i'll be there underfoot for a couple days anyway. I want to learn hand planishing and finishing.

gator 02-21-2012 09:52 AM

Heres one project for the meet. 1950 8 n tractor. We will be doing some grill work along with some hood repair.

Theres also a thread i have followed an im going to try to carry it to the meet. Its the thread tricks you thought everyone knew. Sometimes things get lost in the translation. I challenge everyone who is going to be at the gator meet to demo there trick or tricks to the group. Even if you dont think its a breakthru idea or process. Some times its how the person does it.

Along with this i would also like to challenge everyone to bring a list of things they would like to see in the trick area. So start getting ideas together...Gator

James Bowler 02-22-2012 01:16 PM

Great you are having another meet . I always have a good time at Gators .

ojh 02-23-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator (Post 49780)
Heres one project for the meet. 1950 8 n tractor. We will be doing some grill work along with some hood repair.

Theres also a thread i have followed an im going to try to carry it to the meet. Its the thread tricks you thought everyone knew. Sometimes things get lost in the translation. I challenge everyone who is going to be at the gator meet to demo there trick or tricks to the group. Even if you dont think its a breakthru idea or process. Some times its how the person does it.

Along with this i would also like to challenge everyone to bring a list of things they would like to see in the trick area. So start getting ideas together...Gator

My trick involved a bandsaw blade, am i going to have to drag a bandsaw all the way up there to demo it? Just kidding, just kidding.
I did notice there was no mention of cookies, just sayin.

Strum 03-13-2012 02:13 PM

This would be my first meet. Are newbies welcome?

route56wingnut 03-13-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator (Post 49780)

Rick that is an excelent idea as I thought there would be more tricks from members that would have come out .I hope you will post those on the thread or encourage those members to do so .Dan