All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Tutorials (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Getting Started #1 - Tucking Forks (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=11587)

doug_walter2002 05-21-2014 03:03 PM

Stefan, Princess Auto would have similar pry bars.

Rick Evans 05-21-2014 04:48 PM

Jere,
Nice write up. I've been meaning to make a set but never hot around to it. I'll be stopping by harbor freight to get some supplies

septimus 05-21-2014 06:23 PM

Thanks Doug but it's over 700k to the nearest Princess Auto! Plus, it justifies having a lathe kicking around. Good tip on material. I'll use something hard.

Larry4406 05-22-2014 05:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I attended Gator Meet this year and Captain Kirk had this tuck tool made from Craftsman punches.

Attachment 28033

nonhog 05-22-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry4406 (Post 96763)
I attended Gator Meet this year and Captain Kirk had this tuck tool made from Craftsman punches.

Attachment 28033

Probably not too tough to figure a way to bench mount that one.
Just bought my new pry bars last night. Wheels are turning!

Jere 05-23-2014 10:39 AM

Frank I notice you have a stake holder like Kerry mentioned. Have you made other tools that fit that holder?

How many moor forks are coming? It looks like we have 3 more to be shown.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I'm building a bead roller that has to be delivered next weekend.

How many of you following this thread have a bead roller and english wheel? I ask because when we get to making the hood scoop do we do it by hand or tools.

Jere

Kerry Pinkerton 05-23-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jere (Post 96831)
...I ask because when we get to making the hood scoop do we do it by hand or tools.

Jere, why not both ways so folks can see the difference.

Maxakarudy 05-23-2014 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I saw on Peter T's DVD he had a weeny one, so I made 1 too out of 2 nail punches, I heated them up and bent them to 90 deg. and welded them to a strip, good for flanges.
Attachment 28050

Frank.de.Kleuver 05-23-2014 11:51 AM

Everything we make we make sure it fits on this stakeholder made out of scrap and large brake discs. I'll make pictures tomorrow.

I'm fortunate to have both a HF like beadroller and english wheel.

Frank
PS tomorrow we'll also make patterns of the cobra hood scoop. It's suppose to be the original dimensions. If that is possible in that era.

KAD 05-23-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonhog (Post 96792)
Probably not too tough to figure a way to bench mount that one.
Just bought my new pry bars last night. Wheels are turning!

The tucking forks I make you just put into a vise, the flat sides hold it very sturdy with no movement and that way it is both hand held and bench mount.

There is a very detailed procedure to make them step by step on another site (not MM) although they look easy to make as they say "The Devil is in the details"
I spent a lot of time reducing the damage the tips do to the metal.

Perhaps I can post it in the new section if there is interest and it will not cause any conflicts?