All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Individual Classifieds (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Last call (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=17371)

John Buchtenkirch 11-26-2017 12:34 AM

Last call

Last call, but not for alcohol. These 4 auctions will be the last I will run until mid-April next year. If you Have won any of my auctions I hope you were happy with the tool and thank you for your support. The first of my final 4 auctions is for a fairly rare vintage Stanley Atha dolly with a built on handle. Vintage STANLEY ATHA Auto Body Dolly. Body Shop Power Hammer. Collision Shop. NR Next is for a vintage B-6 Porter Ferguson spoon Vintage PORTER FERGUSON B-6 Auto Body Spoon. Body Shop English Wheel. Pettingell and the next is for another vintage Porter Ferguson spoon but a D-1 door spoon this time Vintage PORTER FERGUSON D-1 Auto Body Door Spoon. BODY SHOP Planishing Hammer. And finally an extra Snap-On BF-714 dolly that I somehow ended up owning Snap-On BF-714 Auto Body Dolly. Body Shop Tool. Collision Shop Power Hammer. NR Thank you for your interest. It took a lot of time to get these auctions ready as you will see in the next post :). ~ John Buchtenkirch

John Buchtenkirch 11-26-2017 01:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I managed to get quite a few vintage auto body tools auctioned off in these past weeks. There’s no way I could have gotten it all done without Little Franky helping me. I’m good for 1 day, maybe 2 of polishing and then the monotony of it gets to me and I’ve got to do something else for a while. Franky actually seems to enjoy polishing and seems to be able to do it day after day. He probably abrasive blasted, polished and painted an equally large lot of tools that I’m keeping for myself as well as cleaning up some of my own dollies that had developed rust rashes over the summer. THANKS Franky ~ John Buchtenkirch
Attachment 44312

Attachment 44313

Attachment 44314

Attachment 44315

Attachment 44316

neilb 11-26-2017 02:14 AM

it would be nice to have something john, but as in the message you sent me via ebay you won't send outside the states. i can't comment on the things you have tried to send overseas and failed, but everything i have bought from the sates has arrived perfectly fine. i'm sure there are lots of customers with in the states, you'll have no trouble selling them

John Buchtenkirch 11-26-2017 11:21 AM

Last call..... final comments

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I’d post these 3 pages from a very early Trimo Ferguson catalog just for fun. Note 2 of the spoons I recently listed on eBay priced at $3.75 and $5.50 each ! ! YIKES, send me a gross of each. Just the fact that the catalog has prices printed in it instead of a price sheet dates it to a much earlier & less inflationary era. I was unable to find any date in this catalog but judging by the cars drawn on the cover my guess is some time during the twenties. Also of interest is the last page where some pretty optimistic claims are made about the tools. The most farfetched is the second to the last (starts with a capital A) which claims you don’t even need experienced body men if you use Trimo Ferguson tools :lol::lol:. Sounds good but there’s no getting around paying your dues IMO. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Attachment 44317

Attachment 44318

Attachment 44319

John Buchtenkirch 11-27-2017 12:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Come to think of it when was the last time you saw a traffic light mounted on the road :confused: in the middle of an intersection ? Yes, a dated catalog with dated prices and ideas for sure. I’m pretty sure my town (Glen Cove) had such a light in the main oversized intersection in the commercial section of town……….. I’m going to ask some people on that because it was gone before I had my license to drive. ~ John Buchtenkirch
Attachment 44320

Attachment 44321