All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Business Classifieds (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Shaping Metal by Hand DVD (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=172)

David Gardiner 05-09-2009 04:44 PM

Shaping Metal by Hand DVD

Post subject: Bodywork Restoration Tutorial on DVD - Now available in NTSC format for the US market!

Posted by: David Gardiner

Bodywork Restoration Tutorial
This is a DVD designed to teach the skills needed to form and shape metal into sections or even complete panels using only hand tools. The skills shown are age old skills as used by English craftsmen for generations. There are twenty six chapters each on a different subject from welding using mig tig and gas, forming compound curves, flanges, curved radius, shrinking and stretching, wire edging lead loading and creating swages, to list just some of the skills shown.

These short clips should give you a feel for the content of the DVD:

If you would like to buy the DVD or find out more visit: http://www.metalshapingzone.com

David Gardiner

Lhkustoms 05-10-2009 04:36 PM

just got my DVD very informative highly recommended.

Mike Rouse 05-11-2009 08:31 PM

Received the DVD today!

Thanks David,
I received your DVD today, May 11, 2009.
I ordered it on May 5, 2009. Just some feedback on delivery time.
I will view it tonight, probably stay up late.
Mike Rouse:)

carbuilder 05-13-2009 11:11 AM

I received my DVD yesterday great job David I give it an AAAA++++. it shows what can be done using only very basic tools & I have a lot.
Also David could you post how you do a reverse & double reverse curves for instance like on the Model a fender (wing ) you posted in the picture .
If you come out with more tapes put me on your list thank you Danny Pascoe

Kerry Pinkerton 05-13-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbuilder (Post 758)
...If you come out with more tapes put me on your list thank you

I'm on board with that! Please consider making a series of DVS with more advanced techniques.

3 Chiefs 05-13-2009 12:53 PM

David, I also received my DVD in very fast time. I really do enjoy watching it. You have obviously a gift in metal shaping but you are also gifted at teaching. Your explanations were easy for me to comprehend. I think this DVD was worth the money. I am the kind of person who enjoys reading educational material if I am interested in it. Being able to watch this DVD was even better.
I see that you sprayed a primer on your rear quarter (wing) and then you welded without removing the primer from the weld area. What type of primer was that?
Thanks again.

chris@whiterhino 05-15-2009 11:10 AM

x3!! on more DVD's. Like I told you in our talk David I do hope you get rich off this! There is nothing wrong with making money.

I do have a question though, I watch your video at least once a day. When making a swag how to do gauge how faraway from your template line do you make your line where you actually hammer? When making that swag where you used the plain steel flat bar it looked like a 1/4" gap between the two lines. Thanks

David Gardiner 05-16-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

I do have a question though, I watch your video at least once a day. When making a swag how to do gauge how faraway from your template line do you make your line where you actually hammer? When making that swag where you used the plain steel flat bar it looked like a 1/4" gap between the two lines. Thanks
Hi Chris.
I would match it to the piece you are trying to recreate.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I am very glad you liked it!

chris@whiterhino 05-18-2009 11:25 AM

I guess my question was really how do you know where to start working it so you don't actually cut the metal like a sheer or like you do in the vise when you cut a section out? Is that kind of a feel or was there something more scientific...:D

David Gardiner 05-19-2009 11:34 AM

When I am cutting the bolster I am using is sharp and held tight to the angle iron, when I am forming I use a bolster which has been dulled and leave a space equal to that on the original panel.