All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sorry for the outage (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=17923)

Kerry Pinkerton 04-25-2018 06:01 PM

Sorry for the outage

Well, this falls into 'stuff happens' I guess.

AllMetalShaping founder Johnny Ariel maintains the domain name. As happens, the automatic renewal failed because his credit card number changed. Before he got them the new credit card number, GoDaddy suspended the domain and all we saw was a white screen. Our site is located on servers managed by InMotion Hosting. Once they convinced me that the problem was at GoDaddy, we had to do some pushups to get the domain name pointed to InMotion.

Apparently things are back to normal now. Not my favorite way to spend an afternoon.

Dang, I hate computers.

hot rivet 04-25-2018 06:41 PM

Glad it's solved i thought we had been hacked for a minute! Thankyou for all the work you put into this forum, it's far better having a "forum" than using a facebook style platform in my opinion. I know you have given reasons why you don't want money before...but if it ever comes to it count me in on a contribution;)

Phil Minton 04-25-2018 06:45 PM

Outage...

Kerry,

Thanks for the effort - much appreciated!

It's strange how small things affect you but I said to my son tonight I can't believe the site is gone - especially with all the knowledge and record of people's efforts over the years. So good to see it back up again :-)

Stay safe and thanks!

Superleggera 04-25-2018 06:49 PM

Fortunately the rumors of the death of AllMetalShaping have been greatly exaggerated...

please make sure the automatic renewal works next time! (thx)

Kerry Pinkerton 04-25-2018 07:00 PM

I actually didn't notice it was down until this afternoon. I must not have checked the site this morning like I usually do.

Thanks for the offer of money but we're good. Could really use another web guy if anyone has VBB skills and wants another hobby that pays nothing.:lol:

Mike Rouse 04-25-2018 09:21 PM

Happy again!

Mike

racer-john 04-25-2018 09:21 PM

Sorry for the

Thanks Kerry, we can't live without this forum.

Jaroslav 04-26-2018 01:34 AM

And that's what it looks like in the future ..... shut down the stream and it will not be anything, back on the trees.
I even have a vision that to call a girl and your cell phone will tell you that this is an inappropriate connection in which you should not continue.

Kerry holding the battalion. Thanks to this forum, I have advanced in the arts. So far my efforts have not returned, but now it's only my decision.

blue62 04-26-2018 08:25 AM

Kerry
thanks for all the work you put into the site.
Would be a shame to loose a forum like this.

cliffrod 04-26-2018 09:05 AM

Yup, good to see it all worked out.

Thank you for the continued effort, Kerry. It is very much appreciated.