All MetalShaping

All MetalShaping (https://allmetalshaping.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://allmetalshaping.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2018 Metalshaping classes in the US (https://allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=18050)

Peter Tommasini 06-02-2018 07:00 PM

2018 Metalshaping classes in the US

Well guys there is not going to be any classes in the US this Year :mad:

After trying twice and providing all the paper work that the US consulate asked for ...I was denied the visa again :confused: I am sure that things have changed from when I first started my trips to the US
I would have liked to come over and demonstrate some of my new toys that I have developed for my wheeling machine (and others). At this stage unless things change it's not looking too good.
Peter

Joe Swamp 06-02-2018 08:21 PM

This is truly absurd. Did they give a reason for the denial?

Peter Tommasini 06-02-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Swamp (Post 146721)
This is truly absurd. Did they give a reason for the denial?

They where not very clear in what they meant .... they did not go to too many details....... but I THINK?????? ............they are not happy for me to demonstrate and sell my tools and dvd's there, and yet I can sell then from here by mail ?? :confused:
Peter

bobadame 06-03-2018 07:16 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Peter. Was looking forward to visiting with you again. Might have to go to Melbourne.:D

cliffrod 06-03-2018 02:23 PM

Hate to hear it's not going well, Peter.

To try to stay on AMS-topic, I'll just say Its an insane time. At some point, reality has to matter.

If you think there's anything I can do to help you be here, I'm more than willing to help. Might not be able to do much, but I'll do what I can.

kjc 06-03-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilb (Post 146724)
i'm just guessing here but i believe it may have something to do with what trump has on his plans to make the US more of a world market seller and manufacturer rather than a buyer.

but like i say, i'm just guessing...

What's the point in guessing?

Rex_A_Lott 06-04-2018 08:15 AM

Well that sucks, I was looking forward to some more instruction. Maybe another reminder, " You've got to open that f(*ker up, mate":lol:
I'm really puzzled by this, we constantly have contractors here in the plant doing all sorts of work, from machinery installation to software work. None from Australia, that I am aware of, but certainly several European countries, Brazil and even China. WTF? Not sure what they are doing different than you, wish I did. Good Luck

Peter Tommasini 06-04-2018 08:41 AM

Thank you all for your support :D it's not finished yet!!!!
I will try again with more paper work and info for the US consulate....It might work??....... Having said that ..I heard that someone over here has won a green card to work in the US, but still when she got there they send her straight back....................
Peter

MP&C 06-04-2018 09:16 AM

Don't you need to perform warranty repairs on equipment you've already sold here? ;)

Peter Tommasini 06-04-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MP&C (Post 146743)
Don't you need to perform warranty repairs on equipment you've already sold here? ;)

Tried that one ;) they did not believed me :p
All the shipment to the US invoices + the invoices of the people that makes for me all the components of the wheeling machine and Pneumatic hammers and dies was not good enough :eek:
Peter