View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 AM

Mike: You probably already know this. It was common on these engines to drop valve seats if the engine got too warm. Staking in the seats would be a good plan. If a seat drops it takes out the whole top of the motor. I have a core or two that experienced the dropped seat. It knocks the cam out and everything in between.
Do you have a flow bench? Was that what you did at Roush? I have not flowed any V-12 heads but did a LOT of twin cam sixes. I machined the heads and pressed in fuel injection seats which were for larger valves. The larger valves allowed me to find the best approach angles and widths. Those angles and widths were very critical to flow because the ports were lousy. On the six cylinder engines, they flowed the best without increasing the port size. I often thought that they would flow better with a smaller than stock intake port. I used Isky cams and they made for a really stout racing engine.
Forced induction might not be quite as critical on port/valve flow. It should be great fun. I am anxious to see what you come up with.
I have a T56 six speed that I need to adapt to one of my V-12 engines. Probably in the XJ-S convertible. I am sick of automatic gearboxes.

TuckPuck® Metal Shaping Tools
www.tuckpuck.com