View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 12:07 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Note: mockup your new rear wheel opening with tape, cardboard and marker pen per you design illustration.

Why? Your c-pillar reflects elements of the original curved rear wheel opening which you are discarding. You should be interrelating the new c-pillar flow to what will become the new square shaped rear wheel opening instead.
I’m not sure I follow what you are saying? You think that the new curve of the roofline / quarter window compliments the stock rear wheel opening?

If my memory serves me right I have on file at work a photoshop of just the roof changed (nothing else). I can look in the folder at work tomorrow and see if I’m correct with that thought.

I appreciate the info and observation, but changing the rear wheel opening to compliment the front was high on my list as well as the customer’s once I showed him the initial design idea.

Edit: I just did a quick photo shop putting the original opening back on the rear quarter. I do see where you see the same curve of the rear side glass profile and the original wheel opening. Personally, IMO I (as well as the customer) really like the look of each wheel opening front and rear complimenting each other.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1926
Size:  77.7 KB

A comparison of them next to eachother

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1924
Size:  75.9 KB

Dane

Last edited by pplace; 04-20-2018 at 12:59 AM.