View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:50 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2012

Default Chicago Pneumatic planishing hammer for sale

I’m offering my 24” CP planishing hammer plus 5 dies for $5500. if anyone might be interested. I had planned to list it on eBay but when I found out they wanted $100 just to put a reserve price on it I decided to pass till the Fall when eBay activity is back in full swing. The following is what I wrote for eBay minus the shipping particulars. If you want to get a freight quote I’d say figure 500 pounds mounted on a pallet, I have no way to weigh it exactly.

The following auction is for a 24” Chicago Pneumatic planishing hammer I have used in my shop for over 25 years. It is being sold with 5 dies so the new owner will be able to put this hammer to work immediately the day it arrives at his shop. Additional dies are readily available from Michigan Pneumatic Tool (313-933-5890) as well as from Hoosier Profiles (260-301-9034). It comes with air regulator and pressure gauge, a ball valve shut-off / fast restrictor valve plus oiler port valve and an original C.P. wood die holder for 4 dies mounted at the head for fast die changes. There is also a Scott Knight style lock to index directional dies mounted on the lower die post. I have owned several of these hammers over the years and can honestly say this hammer needs nothing, works 100% as it should and has made me $$$ over the years. I raised the lower arm and used this hammer to make over 600 pieces of ducting for the Osprey, one of the best paying jobs I’ve had in my shop. The only reason I’m selling it is because at the age of 69 I’m realizing I need to thin out my excess equipment, I may even auction off my white #2 Pettingell power hammer this fall or sometime next year. Generally I don’t run my auctions with reserves but many people just don’t go on line during the summer. If this hammer doesn’t make the reserve I will run it again without the reserve in late September or early October.
!!!!!!!!!!CP2.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!CP4.JPG

!!!!!!!!!!CP5.JPG

!!!!!!!!!!CP6.JPG

!!!!!!!!!!CP7.JPG

!!!!!!!!!!CP8.jpg