Thread: BMW 320 Group 5
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skintkarter View Post
Thanks Brent - meant to start off with a picture of the target.

Attachment 33519
This (actually, the Lichtenstein version) was exactly what I had pictured, before I even opened the thread!

Nice work on "the visor"

Back around 1979, I was working at Austin-Healey West (San Francisco) and the guy working in the shop next door was building a 320 G5 for himself; he had all the bodywork formed (in fibreglas) and was stalled doing the mechanicals. It woumd up in our shop for a while, being primed/painted, before going back nextdoor to his boss's place (Sid Colberg, vintage Ferrari/Maserati collector). I never saw it beyond the rolling shell, in fresh white paint.

My "day job" is working on BMW's 1998-2002 ///M Coupes & Rdstrs__niche-market, I know__and several years ago, one of my customers presented me with the Art Car Series model of this one:

Our present BMW stable amounts to a '99 M Rdstr, a '99 M Coupe (both fitted with Eurosport Twinscrew superchargers) an '01 M Rdstr (factory delivery on that one) and my wife is still making do with her 3rd X5, a 2011 model.

A pic I grabbed recently, while juggling cars between the clean__waiting room__garage and the dirty garage; time out for a photo op! That's my EB Coupe in front.