View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 06:32 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Peter Tommasini US class #3 getting underway

Jim Hery brought Peter to Rock Hill yesterday. It was noticed that the students in the first two classes held at Jims, were able to pick up on Peters wheeling technics using Peters wheel rapidly enough that they began to start making panels for Jims Bugatti fenders. I have invited Jim to attend this class and bring his Bugatti bucks to work on as well. There will be four owners of Peters new wheeling machines in attendance and all four will have there wheels at the Rock Hill class. The speedster has been moved out of the shop to make room for more work tables. Including Jim and myself, there will be ten attendees.

If you are out of town and attending the class and have a stump, bring it with you. Jimmy Matthews, who purchased Peters first US wheeling machine, is an excellent wood worker and has made a fixture to use with a router to make the appropriate horse shoe shaped tapered bottom indentation in the top of a stump, and apply varying radii to the perimeter. This configuration allows varying degrees of tucks to be implemented into larger panels than just using the round edges. It has begun to be clear that having only a round indentation only allows you to make bowls.

Jimmy has provided me with a set of hand made vixen file handles and a hammer for use on aluminum 'pick and file' work. He has become a very good friend, and has helped a number of here in the Rock Hill area.

PTCLASSMON 007.jpg

Last edited by RockHillWill; 10-25-2016 at 06:35 AM.