View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:19 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
How much did you have to go back and forth with the customer on all these changes? Was it all worked out beforehand and did you have a lot of freedom to make choices you thought necessary?
The customer was not a car person at all so there was a lot of freedom from him. Kept up to date with pictures and descriptions of progress frequently. Unfortunately, as you’ll see later for multiple reasons the project did leave me unfinished. This project was a large undertaking and there were some unreal expectations from the customer from not being a “car guy” and not understanding the process and what was all involved in a full ground up build. I was the third shop the vehicle was at (which is amazing for the poor condition the project arrived to me in). Unfortunately, I know this is how some of these large projects go from talking to other shops, as it’s a big commitment for both the shop and the customer. Towards the end we even tried to purchase the project so we could finish it ourselves or offer it to another client of ours, that offer was not entertained however. It was disappointing for me as I had poured so much time, effort and heart into the project.

Dane

Last edited by pplace; 01-09-2018 at 08:38 AM.