View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 10:28 AM

Default Attempt to Upload with an iPad 3

After managing to wrestle the wife's iPad from her, this is my stab at uploading a picture taken with it. I never use an iPad......

It seems that only one photo can be uploaded at a time which means going back to repeated edits of your post to get more on. I'll give that a try after submitting this first try.

To get a picture to appear from an iPad, the simplest way I've found is this:

1. Tap the "Paper clip" symbol above the post edit window and then tap "Manage Attachments" which takes you to the "Manage Attachments" window.

2. Tap "Choose File" then select either "Take Photo or Video" / Choose Existing"

3. Once the photo is selected or taken, tap the "Upload" button on the right. The photo will be listed under "Current Attachments" as "image.jpg (size in 00.0kb)"

4. Go to the bottom and tap the "Close this window" button which will take you back to the post editing window.

5. Type the words image.jpg where you want the photo to appear and without any spaces after, tap the "Paper clip" button and then tap the "image.jpg" from the drop down box. This will insert the photo and look like this

image.jpg[ATTACH]1234*[/ATTACH]

Tap "Preview Post" to see the post and image.

Here's my try....

Image.jpgimage.jpg

If this works I will try to add another image.

Sorry about the image size, the wife doesn't have any editing apps..........

N.B - Adding more images doesn't work, unfortunately it wipes out the previous image even if renamed. E.g. Image1.jpg

Last edited by Phil Minton; 03-05-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Various tries to get multiple images posted from the iPad