View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 07:05 AM

Jeffery,

I wish you well.

I have struggled with depression as well. It is not a disease that comes one day and then is simply healed. I too succumbed to the medication routine. For some it works well. For me it did not help but made matters worse for several years.

Many will offer their cure. That's good. People want to help. Talk with those people; contact and telling your story is the beginning of helping yourself make the days a little brighter and the nights a bit shorter.

A fellow shaper, Ray Rodman, reached out to me. I'll be forever grateful to him. Other members of these forums kept in touch with me too. Contact is very important in these times.

For me a therapist and several years of visits were on my recovery road. You will need to persevere and find what works for you. That takes effort when effort is hard to muster. I encourage you to continue to seek help.

Suicide is also hiding in the depressed mind. Be careful of it. It is frightening. The metalshaping groups have lost Tool&Die Guy and Emil the Spy to suicide. They are missed very much. When one loses all hope for tomorrow, death strangely becomes an option.

As mentioned, lean on your friends. Even though all seems hopeless, your friends still love you. If they seem to avoid you, it is only because they too are at a loss as to what to do. Please ask for help as you have done by this post. They'll be glad you reached out to them.

Although it may feel dark on many days, you are not alone. Friends and loved ones care for you.

Our prayers go out to you,
Richard

Last edited by Richard K; 08-18-2015 at 05:50 PM.