View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Nov. 2018, Jan. 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rivet View Post
Sorry to hear the problems you have had with medications, i have had similar problems with them so i know exactly how feel, and won't touch them as a result. Congratulations on being one of the few people prepared to admit to mental health issue and educate others as to just what taking an antidepressant can do to you.
Just replied to Jeffrey on the other forum.

As an insurance broker (Life, Medical and Disability) we help manage many claims for cases of depression and understand how completely debilitating and prolonged the illness can be.

Agree Paul, sometimes the meds can be a total hindrance. We have seen where they can be helpful in arresting the freefall, but can be overprescribed in my view and experience.

Sometimes its just something simple which is the trigger and a talk with a mate, some light exercise and a simple project to focus on, can be just as therapeutic as a bunch of chemicals. First step is actually putting you hand up and having the strength to say that there is a problem.

Well done guys.