View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:10 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Oct 2016, June 2020, April 2023

Carey, I'm aware of the valve seat problems these engines were known for. This issue was caused primarily by the centrifugal advance seizing and result retarded timing. Running and engine with late ignition timing drives exhaust temps extremely high and will cause exhaust valve/seat and piston problems. The seats will be thoroughly checked. The porting will more of a blend job than true porting. My intention is to keep the engine mild but durable, using turbos to build power. I've a friend retired from Ford who involved in nearly every turbo program they had included Recent LeMans winning GTs. He'll determine the exact turbos and tells me 1000hp is a piece of cake with my program and components. I'll stay more conservative than that.

Kerry, thanks! I wish pictures could show the smooth sexy lines of the power lump and scoops along with the rest of the car. To me they add perfectly to an otherwise long anemic look of the original bonnet. Pic too close you can't see how well it's looks overall. Too far away to see the whole car lose the how natural the scoops look. I've spent a great deal of time hand planishing. I'm finding myself reinvigorated.