View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 03:01 AM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
Kent is that the same as the Smiths AW torch?

Oh and I love the Meco that I bought from you as well. With the ultralight hose it's so light and comfortable. Anyone on the fence about getting one, you won't be disappointed.

"Kent is that the same as the Smiths AW torch? "
-NOPE. It is the predecessor, with the very kool tips having a non-tarnishing finish, like the "cold" nickel on the body.

"Oh and I love the Meco that I bought from you as well. With the ultralight hose it's so light and comfortable"
Thanks, Chris.
Yes, it took awhile to develop that line, and it has been personally, very satisfying to use.

( I'll be doing our "O/F" torch class in a few short weeks, starting with Meco/Bialetti espressos (coffee roasted here, not using the torch), sand dabs for lunch (Jimmy Stewart movie, "Spirit of St. Louis"...?), O/H welding, annealing, soldering, hot working (shrink/stretch/flatten), weed burner annealing of large parts, brazing, welding with the cutting torch, and so on for three days ... 350F to 2400F, over 6 metals in 12 alloys.
yeehaw.

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.