View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 05:00 AM

Default mulit machines

How do you plan on designing these machines? will you be using cad or hand sketches based on ideas in your head or following similar designs others have done. By no means am I a metal shaper but have had the pleasure of using Kerry's Ewheel , and the forum built reciprocating machine and kick shrink machine... The kick shrink machine is as smooth as they come..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
Why do people buy expensive multi purpose hammers.... when two cheaper hammers ( a reciprocating and a power hammer ) would be more efficient? I am curious because most of the people I see on IG with Baileigh Hammers have a pullmax, a yoder, etc.... etc... on top of the expensive multipurpose machines. It really does not make sense to me. Not only that..... but to be switching over the dies and linkage to go from one operation to the next seems kinda backwards in logic. The only reason I say this is because I was going to build a machine similar to Baileigh in terms of a multipurpose unit... but then I decided it really does not make sense to do so. I can build two machines, one for each type of motion.... and still be out of pocket maybe 6 grand.