Thread: Purchases
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 10:49 AM

OK I'll answer the question rather than trash import tools. What you're giving up is good design. BUT It's not a lost cause as Kerry can tell you. the HF bead roller can be "beefed up" to be a good usable tool. The HF E-wheel ( full radius anvils, weak frame) Will get you started wheeling(maby) and you can use the anvils when you build a stronger frame. (I did) I've seen a throatless shear ( Two Guys Garage?) that looks like a good deal.
Do your homework, ask if anyone has used what you want to buy. We all wish we could buy top quality tools but they are EXPENSIVE and if you're just getting started that can be discouraging.
Like I've said before about 5% of my tools are cheap import stuff, the one thing I would avoid are their cast iron products, they are very weak.
I've seen a lot of people use the import products with sucess on this site and others. Take a look around and see what's working for others, it will probably work for you too.
PS I have never used the HF Ewheel I just bought the anvils so I don't know if the frame is usable...anyone else used one?