View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffrod View Post
Here's the pic I mentioned of Peter Tommasini's traveling tool kit, taken at RockHillWill's during one of Peter's EW Classes
That's very gratifying to see! The various hammers and such I've accumulated over the last few weeks looks a lot like that.

Got my stump loaded up and carved a dish in the top. Haven't tried using it yet, but we'll see how it goes.

Picked up my stack of practice aluminum yesterday. Got a whole bunch of 3003 (1/16" thick) cut into 1'x1' and 1'x2' sections. Played around a bit with beating it on the sandbag, and played around a bit with annealing it. Satisfying to finally get started with some practice. I don't know how hard my aluminum was to start, but it was striking how much softer it got after the annealing.

For the annealing, I used my little propane soldering torch (plumbing work type). It worked well enough, but I can see that it would take forever to do any sort of substantial sized piece. I think I need to get a propane weed burner to cover more area in a reasonable amount of time.