View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 02:26 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Saturday was wide open. We ended up with a total of 51 attendees. Bill Lonyard was in attendance and gave a detailed account of the development of the Barton book(s) and the progress made to date. Volume 7 is completed and available for sale. Kent White gave a detailed presentation of his part in building the Howard Hughes H1 racer, serial number 2. Way Cool! Mallory Kolenda made quite a splash with a seminar on how she has developed her skills in producing her aquatic artistry. Jimmy Matthews with the help of Mike Yurko served up a large array of hot dogs that were carefully cooked in the pouring rain. Thanks for that effort, guys. Got more work on the speedster and got it running better than before, but I still have a gremlin in the timing or air delivery system - working on it. Bill Trombley gave a really good display of how to transfer full size drawing components onto a flat sheet so that you can cut directly from a drawing. Bill also provided a tip for adjusting the springs on Dzus fasteners once they are in place.

Robert McCartney brought his circle friendly bead roller and assisted Clint Button making his Ford cowl induction air cleaner and Mike also donated one of the dual mounted hand metal snip tools. Barry Duckworth is shown displaying the Redneck fire detector. More work done on some Humvee items and Jim Hery got the fender well removed from the 134 Packard fender. Andrew Slater, Jeff newton and Mike Rouse correctly identified an issue with the P7 and were able to dis-assy and make corrections and rebuild it right there on the spot - a huge help for me. Steve Hamilton completed the stem assy on a new set of Pulmax louver dies that I had recently acquired.Thanks to the folks from the Oblong committee that took the time to attend this meet. That is really cool! Paul Haydorn and his wife, Kelly and Suzie Tracy and Steve Bowden. Thanks, guys!

I want to give a special shout out to Pat 'Patman' Brubaker for his help not only for helping in the preparation for the meet and his help and guidance to some of the attendees, but for his efforts behind the raffle that benefits the Redneck Roundup in a huge way. THANKS Pat!

The group photo shows about 36 of the 51 folks that were in attendance on one day or the other. More details and photos to come after some time cleaning up. We sincerely missed two of our dear friends that were unable to attend due to deaths in their immediate family, Carey Culpepper and teddy Hefner. Condolences to both of you from all of your friends in the metal shaping community.
Will,
I want to thank you for the persuasive invitation you made to me for attending this year's Redneck Roundup. I am so glad I was able to attend, and meet so many great metal folks, many of whom I connect with on this forum. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to mingle and see your shop and also meet that fine lady of yours. Your hospitality was so heart-felt and your kindness has drawn to you the excellent friends that were so conspicuous, helpful and available over that weekend.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
... And I loved the racing stories .... A whole lot.
(- Missing the Waffle House, too .....)

With sincere appreciation,
Kent White

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.