View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 08:10 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I was checking on why I was limited on camber adjustment and realized that I hadn't tightened the upper and lower ball joints. I didn't want to pull the tapered joints in and have to pry them apart again so they were just hanging on the nuts. I snugged them up and got zero camber but I wanted a little room for adjustment so I extended the slots another 1/4".
I started back on the strut towers. I used a 1 x 2 steel tube for the top of the core support and put 5 degree bends at each end so they would run along the leading edge of the top plates and welded them in. The tops are now very rigid and won't need a bolt on stabilizer bar any more

Name:  1134.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  60.8 KB

I was going to make a new front upper closure but after looking at the original and determining what I need to do to replace it, I found that everything I need to do is already done on the original. I trimmed a couple inches off the rear edge to fit against the core support and that's a done deal. I'll have it blasted and primed and move on.

Name:  1135.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  70.2 KB

Next I started boxing in the strut towers. Nothing fancy here. I put a couple stiffening ribs in the sides and bent them up. The rear edge is welded to a vertical frame tube so this tower setup is very stable. I still need to close up the front tomorrow.

Name:  1136.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  1137.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  63.5 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.

Last edited by Jack 1957; 07-23-2018 at 08:30 PM.