View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 12:14 PM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2018, August 2021,November 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcglynn View Post
nice work. What are the rubber mounts from? I need to build body mounts - I was thinking I'd machine something out of delrin, but ready-made is a better idea.
Energy Suspension brand. You can get either universal mounts or vehicle specific. They are a polyurethane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfunk29 View Post
I could never justify the space for a CNC plasma cutter. So I put a fiberglass(nonconductive) extension pole off the end of the CNC mill table. With a hand plasma torch attached, I can cut small parts. 20"x12" I also use this scheme to hot wire cut foam. Even put Oxy torch on once to make cool oxide patterns on copper sheet.
No CNC mill here either!ha I agree with being able to justify having one for cost and space reasons....though many hours of my labor are being wasted where it could be spent more productively and more accurately as well. Right now my options are looking a bit more (nearly double) than what we’d “like” to spend. We’ll see how it plays out the more research I do.

Dane