View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
"...As for Kerry's project? A labor of love. I knowingly have tried to steer him towards more of a superleggera style bodywork over bucks. I think it would have been easier and faster. (given my personal experiences over the years) But my major concern is hopefully one that won't happen or affect him -- support of the big body panels and "flex" of the chassis while driving. (and it's subsequent forces applied to the aluminum coachwork)
And I appreciate your advice and guidance more than you know. I share your concern about chassis flex. When I take the body off to prep for paint, I'm going to reinforce the chassis by adding a 2x2 to the existing 3x2 frame. The way I built the floor I can do that without raising the body.

Obviously, if I were starting over I'd do things differently but since I'm approaching end, I guess I'll not start over now..

That said, I have two sons and I'm probably going to build another car if I ever finish this one. The next one might be a coupe version of the roadster but superleggera, interesting inline 6 cylinder, space frame, full buck, tube frame, etc.