View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 06:32 PM

I can understand you guys down south not wanting to spend money on insulation - BUT DO IT, up north here in Montana its not an option, but no matter what the temp is outside with a well insulated shop you can work all year around. It's all what you are used too, I know few years ago at Metal Meet I got down there and it was about 80 degrees and at least 900% humindity - I thought I was going to DIE! , up here we have about 15-30% humindity, I couldn't breath, but then 2 days into the meet a so called cold front came thru and it got down to 50 degrees and I was running around in shorts and a T shirt, I was in seventh heaven and everyone else was in two sweat shits and a coat. Thick blood verses thin blood I guess.
But back to the topic, I don't care where you are, insulate your shop, it not only keeps the temp even but it can help with the condensation from forming that so many of you complain about. Living up here I can leave a clean piece of sheetmetal out in the shop for a year without any rust forming, but down south you need to do anything to keep the huminidity at bay.
That is my two cents