View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 01:08 PM

There often seems to be a "group Dynamics" effect going on. If someone responds by posting "That is so nice"; then a whole string of complimentary post begin. At that point if one speaks up with constructive criticism or "negative" comment you seemed to be perceived as some sort of oddball or incorrigible. At least that's how I feel in those situations. In most cases I tend to speak up, often I will write some text in a word editor and then delay posting until I look at it a few times. Another possibility is to send a PM to the poster in lieu of a public comment.

On the other side of the group dynamics deal; if, early in the thread, someone offers someone offers a less than complimentary comment, there is little or no response. That's not fair to the thread originator.

Adding a like button or the thread rating I think would probably just generate a lot of button pushing activity and dilute the discussion. The reader on the forum likely will not be aware of either likes or rating.

I think it works fairly well as is. On a few occasions when I've stepped a little to far out of line someone will send a PM or call suggesting I reign in the comments. I actually appreciate that members are watching out for one another.

Last edited by Richard K; 06-24-2014 at 01:11 PM.