View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I picked up my lower control arms this morning. I had them narrowed 1" each. We pressed the ball joint out, welded up the original bore, then bored a new hole 1" inboard of the original location, milled off the excess material along the outer edge and reinstalled the ball joint.

Name:  1130.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  1131.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  73.8 KB

I installed the upper and lower control arms and the knuckle. Everything looks pretty good. I need to check a little closer before boxing in the strut towers though. It doesn't look like I'm getting zero camber. I should have enough adjustment available to get a small amount of positive. It appears that with the lower control arm bolts pushed all the way in on the slotted holes, I am still at about 1 degree negative camber. I either need to slot the holes deeper inboard or move the upper strut towers outboard to correct this. The strut towers are in the correct positions, I checked again and they are right. I think I need to work on the slotted holes for the lower control arms. It's a minor problem but it needs to be corrected.

Name:  1132.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  1133.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  58.8 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.