View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplace View Post
Nothing too major to update. Like I mentioned last time, I'm trying to button up some smaller tasks (still important, just not visual and "exciting" I foresee myself getting pretty serious on figuring out some floor structure in my near future though!

For the time being here's a batch of photos showing a body mount standoff I designed and the steps for fabricating them (I built 6 matching ones)

CNC Plasma Tables

I've always wanted a CNC plasma table but it's just never been a necessity (nice to have...but there are always other things / tools we needed more seriously) However, I do believe I've talked my mother (front office $$$) That it's getting to a point that my time and labor can be spent in better ways than drilling and cutting out smallish brackets by hand.

I've got my welding supply company looking at some options (though they may be a bit higher than what we'd like to spend) Looking for a decent one, not cheap, but not industrial and outrageous in price. For what I do I honestly think a 2'x2' would cover 95% of what I'd plan to cut.....though having one may expand my horizons and I'll find out I'd like bigger?!?! For space reasons in our shop I don't think I could manage / fit anything bigger than a 4' x 4' comfortably.

I do my cad designs on a laptop most often and would probably prefer just a USB type port / display on a cutting table rather than a full computer out in our shop atmosphere. For what we do 1/8", 3/16" and 1/4" plate is the norm....doesn't get heavier than that.

Does anyone possibly have any input on a table that is affordable, yet useable (I know you typically get what you pay for) There will be times I'm using this table a lot during a build, then it may sit for months not getting used. So a table that can stand up to 24/7 use isn't necessary. We are kind of hoping thinking there is something available in the $3000-$4000 range (not including a plasma cutter)

Thanks
Dane, if you follow the link below, you’ll see what we have available in the UK at that size and budget so it’s entirely possible to get what you require within budget. I’m not sure how costly it would be to import from the UK (if Donald allows it [sorry for the non-metal shaping comment]) but it might be a possibility.

https://www.wellyweld.com/products/S...ble-73650.aspx