View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Bill (above) is right on his facts.

Via a conversation with someone last year, an inquiry as to acquisition of the remaining inventory of books plus #5 and potentially the rest of the research material itself was supposedly made.

Big question became: does person acquiring have to honor all the prior purchases?
No, if I understand you correctly. As an individual, Tim's debts have been legally cancelled by his death. In the states I'm familiar with, his wife becomes responsible, but not his heirs. And from what I read here, even if one was hardhearted enough to sue his wife, there'd be scant chance of getting a judgement, let alone collecting. Had he been incorporated, it would be different, but he wasn't, so far as I know.

If someone acquires the books and rights to them from the estate, they're not obligated to assume the associated debt, unless the estate insists. The estate is under no obligation to do so, and they'd be foolish to insist, since it would reduce the value of the asset.

Quote:
Secondary question was: how to determine who had ordered?; who had product shipped already?; who is still awaiting shipment?; and who had paid for future installations yet to be published and potentially refund? And where are the actual funds to pay for it all...
All moot questions now.

Quote:
...how is a deal put together .... And who will actually do it?
The $64 question. I'm not up for it, but I would certainly be interested in buying the books, even though I've already paid once, like you.