View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:32 PM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month August 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
No shaping but a huge step forward. The engine has been started in 4 years or so. Yesterday, I drained about 4 gallons of bad gas, replaced the fuel pump, and picked up a kit for the carb (500cfm Edelbrock). Once I got the carb apart I saw that I didn't need the kit and will be taking it back. There was varnish EVERYWHERE and the screens on the float needle seat were plugged completely. That probably explains why it wouldn't run except when I primed it.

All better now. Fires right up and idles great. Now to make a path so I can back it out of the shop for some perspective. Also, the lift room needs a LOT of TLC so I need to spend a few days cleaning it up and cleaning it out. It's been embarassing to post photos that showed all the crap in the back ground.

Better days ahead.
Hi,
We use aviation gas 100LL (Low Lead) for engines that sit a lot as the fuel doesn't go bad. Most airport will fill a five gallon container if you tell them what it is for.

Very nice project.

Bill

"A sign of a good machinist, is one who can fix his F$@& Ups" My mentor and friend, Gil Zietz Micro Metric Machine.