View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the input guys.You've pretty much confirmed what I believed. I cut a piece of 3/4 Fir plywood with an arc of about 1/8" over 33" I set the hood on it at the rib. I used some different diameters of pipe up against the radius side of the rib with a dead blow hammer to work the rib a bit. This pulled the material in a bit and put a bit of crown back in the rib. I increased the radius of the wooden rib a couple times as I worked through it. This got the surrounding metal back to no dip. Then while still on the wooden rib I used a light slapper from the bottom on the area next to the rib to help rearrange the metal a bit. This brought the lowest area on the pass side up a little more. I washed over the area afterwards very lightly with a shrinking disc. I just got it hot enough to steam a little bit. Didn't even get color. I had a number of small dings to clean up and a couple were inaccessible from the back side as the there is extensive inner structure at the front and back. I used the Unispotter to pull those. I use very short burst on the trigger so the pins will come off clean and minimize any hardening. . I'll get some primer on it and glue the new foam back in under the supports. I'm pretty happy with the results but this noodle is going to be ugly to block sand. I'll need a sanding block with a hover feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5360.jpg (65.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5361.jpg (79.0 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by StingRay; 04-16-2018 at 08:23 AM.