Thread: New post icon
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Guys I don't even see anything like your describing. What I see is an envelope that is orange in the leftmost column of new posts, todays post, etc. If it's not been read it has paper coming out of it. If I've read it, the envelope and turns blue is closed. There is crooked arrow on the blue envelope if I've made a post in the thread.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Regarding changes to the forum, I'm willing to look into it but need to understand what your talking about. A screen shot might help. We don't really have a webmaster. I'm about the closest thing we have and that ain't much. I know enough to say out of areas of the admin screen that can crash the forum.

We run an old version of VBB 3.8. We have no plans on changing or upgrading because we'd have to pay someone to do the upgrade and also pay for the upgrade. Since we fund the site out of our pockets and have no ad or popup revenue, there isn't much motivation to stay on the cutting edge of forum software. The current layout works good for almost everyone and, for the price our members pay, is a heck of a deal.