View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 07:54 AM

About 25 years ago I had the opportunity to meet another "old Master" by the name of Hans Steinhauser from the King City area of Ontario Canada. Hans worked for DeHaviland Industries manufacturing prototype panels for the aircraft industry. Hans was in the same boat as this Carlo Maina. Hans only had a daughter whose husband had no interest in cars. Hans had a sadness about him regarding this. When I realized the talent this man had I offered to be his "part-time apprentice". He was a little apprehensive in the beginning but when he realized I was serious, we began to work together. This training was cut short by a serious car accident which for the most part, ended Hans' metal working career. I lost contact with Hans and feel the loss of that skill to this day. Lost opportunities. If only the talent and skill of men like this could be saved somehow.... Wait, there is a way. It needs to be passed on. But to who? Vicious circle. Kudos to those on this site who are so willing to share via the written word, photos and hosting / instructing at local metal meets.