View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 09:11 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec . 2016, Sept 2019 Metal Shaper Of The Year 2021

I removed the exhaust and drive shaft and started stripping the wiring and plumbing to the engine and transmission today. I need to set the engine and trans down so I can get the firewall and trans tunnel out of the CTS. I tagged the connectors on this one. Normally I wouldn't need to. The harnesses on these new cars are laid out so precisely that you can just drape it over the area where it goes and the connectors will fall within a couple inches of where they plug in. The difference with this job is that there will be some relocation of body mounted components such as the ABS module which will be about 12 inches further forward than its original location. Other components like the overflow tank, fuse box, air cleaner box, etc will end up where ever they will fit cleanly.
I will just be setting the assy on the ground until I can get the firewall transferred to the 49. It's going to get pretty crowded around here for a while.

Name:  1212.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  1213.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  36.7 KB

Set a Goal So Big That You Can't Achieve It Until You Grow Into The Person That Can.