Thread: New post icon
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard K View Post
Just click on "New Posts" and it keeps you up to date on everything.
Thanks for that... but what I'm trying to tell you is... That's not how I roll. Not everyone surfs the same... no big deal, but I'm not telling anyone else how to do it... Just explaining how I do it, and how the icon doesn't have a visual contrast... Obviously me and kidpaint work a little differently.

Truly... It's a minor criticism of the site. I think that's what this section/thread is for. Not to get pointers on how to use the forum. I don't think it's detrimental to the usage, or the user... just noting what is visually difficult for those of us who use things differently.

But keeping in the Spirit of the AMS Forums, I do love to learn and will try the way you've suggested. Nothing ventured, nothing gained/lost.

I don't believe either of us were trying to be difficult to get along with. We're just noting a feature that is lost due to poor contrast.

To explain how my surfing style works for me... I sometimes miss a few days, or maybe a few weeks visiting the forums, and when I visit a thread I like to see it how it's posted, Last Post Last. But I want to have the older stuff handy when I do that, so I can recap the story as it were. If the "recent posts" links give me all that, then it may work out well for me to adjust to that. If I can't re-cap, then it will be of no help. But like I said... I'll give it a try and see how things work with those links.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Making Waves, and Curves and Shapes.....