All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-11-2018, 10:44 AM

Default Doing self taught body work since age of 19

Hello everyone, my name is Bob and I have live in Apache junction, AZ since Sept of 2011. I grew up in Independence, Kentucky and Received a 2 year Technical degree in Chemistry and then my Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. I spent my entire career in the Paper Industry, doing design, fabrication, installation of equipment, Project Management of Multi-million dollar projects and then the last 15 years in Maintenance Management until my retirement.
My father was a mechanic for the Cincinnati Gas and Electric Company and was a great Mentor. I started helping him work on his cars when I was 5 years old. It was because of him, that I got my ME degree. I purchased a 1960 Triumph TR3A, when I was 19 years old and still have it. I am in the process of doing a full frame off restoration. Working on cars and motorcycles has been my passion. I have done my own body work, by researching and reading everything that I have been able to get my hands on, relative to "doing it the correct way". Over the years, I have helped others do the body work on their cars and have painted them, or got them ready so they could have them painted by a paint shop.
I am always wanting to learn more and I believe this forum will help me 'hone' my skills, to 'DO IT CORRECTLY', so I can become better and quicker at this. Being retired now, I have the time and many tools at my disposal and this has become my preferred 'work'. I have joined a Triumph car club out here and I have helped one member get his car ready for painting and I am presently helping another get his ready for painting, along with my own Triumph TR3A. I plan on making a custom Motorcycle trailer, so I can haul my (all original) 1973 Honda CB450 MC and I have a 1984 Honda 750 Shadow Motorcycle waiting to be restored with some custom touches of my own.

My best to all.
Bob
Old 01-11-2018, 05:57 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Hi Bob welcome to the forum
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM