All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-15-2017, 08:21 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default I want to thank Fastenal and provide a good shipping tip

There have been (26) of Peters wheeling machines sold and I have shipped (16) of them to their final destination here in the US and have had nothing but GREAT service from them. Teddy Heffner attended one of Peters training classes and brought up the fact that Fastenal had a new service called 3PL (Third Person Logistics). At that time it was a new 'idea' and service was available in the entire US, but they began packing their long distance trucks more full to minimize the number of long trips to make. They have made some cutbacks in to some of the Western states. but most of the US is still available. I have attached a map to show 'approximate' coverage areas.

The 3PL service is handle by a lady near Raleigh, N.C. and she keeps track of the package as it is not available on line. They make no arrival predictions, but I have yet to experience any time longer than 7 days. If you want a shipping quote click here:

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-t...arty-logistics

Fill out the request form and often on the same day you will receive the quote. The procedure is that they provide you with the Fastenal store nearest you that has a fork lift, and the name of the Fastenal store nearest to intended destination that also has a fork lift. You have to go to that nearest store to get the wheeling machine, but they will load it for you. The best part is the pricing. I palletize the wheeling machines on a 42" x 48" standard pallet that ends up about 17" tall and weighs about 400#. The most that has ever been charged was $225 to go from here in Rock Hill, S.C. to Seattle Washington. I always put a panel around the perimeter of the wheeling machine and if I put a top on it, Fastenal will insure it for $3200 at NO ADDITIONAL charge. Today, I just sent the last of the (6) wheeling machines on this recent shipment to Gaithersburg, MD. for $150 including the FREE insurance. The entire process usually take about 20 minutes at the Fastenal store.

The lady in charge at Fastenal at the 3PL unit is a very nice lady named Laurie Allman. She can be reached at 336-888-3036. I know this looks like an advertisement, but these folks have been very instrumental in providing a stress free and inexpensive method in the shipping of Peters wheeling machines, and I would like to give credit where credit is due.

Ewheel4 004.jpg

Ewheel4 005.jpg

Current Cut-off Map.jpg
Old 08-16-2017, 12:23 PM
MetalShaper of the Month September 2013

Will,
I learned about the Fastenal shipping program while attending your Redneck Roundup last year. A few months later I used it to ship a transmission from NC to Colorado. What a huge savings of time, hassle, and money that was!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 PM

Will
I live in South Dakota and have used their 3pl several times. Not sure why they show it in yellow. About two months ago I got in a shipment from Idaho(shown in red). It works so well although maybe not the fastest form of freight, that I would also encourage checking them out. They have an online form that you can fill out and someone always has gotten back to me within 24 hrs. Usually 2-3 hrs.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:27 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Kevin, the map shows that area that Fastenal services from here in South Carolina, and the lady indicated that it is often changing depending on the season???? and cross country truck loads.