All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Posting Pictures
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Default Attachments announcement

We would like to see all of our members that are going to post pictures on the site set up an album in the Community tab at the top of the page. This will help keep all pictures the correct size and insure that pictures stay attached to the post. There is less chance of pictures being lost if they are stored in the album on the site.

Lately we have noticed some large pictures being posted in threads. Most of these large pictures were stored off site and linked to the posts here. So tonight we looked into it and noticed we did not have a max width and height set on the jpg attachments. This is something that we over looked.

Tonight we set it to a max width of 600 with a max height of 600 (600x600).

We have to do this because if we do not it will use up the bandwidth we have purchased for the site quickly.

We just wanted to give everyone a heads up notice about the change that was made.

If you need a easy place to resize your photos check out this site.

http://www.resizr.com/

Thank you

Last edited by jhnarial; 05-24-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Using the correct size pictures makes the post easier to read because the entire post will fit on the screen. Over sized pictures cause you to have to scroll across the screen to read what was said and see the entire picture.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 PM

how do you post a picture from the photo album?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Administrator

This is how I do it.

If I have several pictures to post I will open another window so I can open my album in it and have the one I am going to post to open in the other one.

With your album open click on the picture you want to post. It will open as a larger picture. Under the picture you will see two lines of text. The top one is labeled "Picture URL". Left click on the text and the back ground will turn dark blue. Right click and a window will open with the work "copy" highlighted. Left click on "Copy" this will save the information that was highlighted.

Open the window that has the post you want to post the picture in. Place the cursor where you want the picture. At the top of the Message box where you are typing you reply there are a bunch of icon. In the second row there is one that has a yellow back ground and looks like a mountain, this is the insert image icon. Left click on the mountain icon and a window will open that says "Please enter the URL of your image:". Place the cursor on the highlighted dark blue line that says http://, right click and a window opens that some options. Click on "Paste" and the information that you saved when you clicked on "save" earlier will now show in the box. Under the line that you copied you will see "OK". Click on the OK and that will put the URL code in the text box for you post. The picture is now part of your response. The picture will be inserted where ever the cursor was.

This sounds complicated but it really isn't. Once you do it a couple of times it is easy.

There is more than one way to go to town and they are all correct.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:54 AM

I love this program and suggest anyone looking for a good program to resize photos use it.

http://www.irfanview.com/

it will resize hundreds of image in minutes and rename them if you want.

AND it's FREE

John
Old 05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Thanks John

This forum is dedicated to Metal Shaping.
Please stay on topic.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:32 PM

OK, I have read all of the posts from admin on attaching photos and it does not work for me.

I am using an iMac with High Sierra and Google Chrome as my browser.

If I click on "attachments" I can select a photo from my computer and the "Manage Attachments" window shows that my photo has been selected. But I can't for the life of me, work out how to get the photo selected, into the post I am typing! If I click on the link it goes back to the computer's hard drive. If I right click it gives me no useful options.

So then I went for option 2; post a photo in an album under "Community". I can create a new album and give it a name, but I can't find any buttons to actually upload a picture into the album! There is a message saying that "BB code is not allowed".

Help please,

Cheers Charlie
Old 06-09-2018, 09:22 AM
ADMINISTRATOR MetalShaper of the Month Dec. '09 & May '11

Charlie
When the pics you selected on your computer show in the column on the manage attachments page you need to click on upload. if the pics will not upload they are probably too large and will need to to be reduced .

The pictures are then on the allmetalshaping site. At that point if you click the paper clip at the top of the page that you are creating your new post on, you can see a list of the photos.

To get the picture or pictures to show in your post, you must place the cursor where you want the picture, then click on the paper clip and select the photo, or select all, and they will show as a ID number.
Before you click on “submit reply” click on preview post.
If it looks correct then click on submit at the bottom of the page.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:52 PM

Thanks Steve, I found the "upload button" off-stage-right using the slider bar.

Yesterday was a bad day!

Problem solved now,

Cheers Charlie