All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-31-2010, 04:00 PM

Hey Mick you allways forget to metion Pete when are you going to release some more dvds it stopted at dvd 9 and i miss your phone calls
Cheers Gavin Cook
PS Guys these blokes are realy the salt of the earth willing to help any one even spend time on the phone walking you through a tuff job and if you go to the work shop and get Pete talking you beter order pizza as you aint get out quick
Old 07-31-2010, 07:31 PM

Tom certainly doesn't say he's the "best in the world" , he simply says ....."this is how I do it....there are other ways to achieve the same outcome but this works for me"
I heard he's not doing any more of the shows and seminars any more?
Peter seems to be a good bloke too. Only met him a few times.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 AM

I recieved my videos within the week from a book store in Perth. No issues at all.. Couldnt wait to soak up all the info and ploughed through the six vids in 2 sittings...

There was a lot of information on all six videos, with some of the techniques differing from those shown in Covel videos and Daves video, but it shows that there is more than one way to skin a cat and thats all good.

I learned a few alternative tricks of the trade, so to speak, and once again saw that large expensive tools are not realy required, but if you have them will save hours of labour... and hammering....probably to the relief of the neighbors.

It did surprise me how different tutors advocate different methods with the welding process ( both in ali and steel) and it was interesting again to see these alterative methods...

I would say that the series of videos are more inspirational and informative than hard core instructional.. there easier to watch than some of the Covel ones ( no disrespect intended, Rons stuff is superb but the bland backdrop and fairly dryl comentry make them a wee bit heavy going for me sometime...)

Placed against Daves Video they dont pose the same educational value for your money in my book, Daves DVD is very instuctional, yet still remains easy to watch and packs in pretty much all of what the gasolene videos do in 6 DVD into 1comprehensive DVD.

Having said all that there still worth having for the vidoe library, there a valuable easy access reference source and if you can call watching metalwork entertaining, there pretty much up there being easy to watch and understand...

Thats my tuppence worth... the castlemain XXXX of metalshaping entertainment...bruce..

Last edited by redoxide; 08-03-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:04 PM

visited www.gasoline.biz and it no longer working.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manza View Post
visited www.gasoline.biz and it no longer working.
Go to handbuilt.net.au and find Peter's videos. Peter and Tom worked together and Peter's DVD's are packed full of excellent info. #'s 7,8,and 9 are the ones to get if you are on a budget.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:43 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Hi guys as far as I know the show ''gasoline '' is not longer shown on any TV stations,
JUST FOR THE RECORD........ my self and Tom never regarded our self as the best world''...........................................

that should never have been said at all

There is a lot of talented craftsmen in the world especially in the UK and US. Tom and I simply loved our work and we kept trying to see how far we could go with difficult shapes and one piece panels.
Tom has not worked here @ Classic Car Restorations since 2009 and as far as I know he just does some small jobs at home now days .I am not sure but I think now days Tom is in his late 70's or early 80's good on him ! One thing is for sure ...and that is.... that I most probably could not do too much at the same age
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 04-30-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Tommasini View Post
Hi guys as far as I know the show ''gasoline '' is not longer shown on any TV stations,
JUST FOR THE RECORD........ my self and Tom never regarded our self as the best world''...........................................

that should never have been said at all

There is a lot of talented craftsmen in the world especially in the UK and US. Tom and I simply loved our work and we kept trying to see how far we could go with difficult shapes and one piece panels.
Tom has not worked here @ Classic Car Restorations since 2009 and as far as I know he just does some small jobs at home now days .I am not sure but I think now days Tom is in his late 70's or early 80's good on him ! One thing is for sure ...and that is.... that I most probably could not do too much at the same age
Peter
Peter I've seen you, spent a few days with you in Pennsylvania, and I know one thing...when you are that age you are still going to be going strong.
You are a Italian/Australian Energizer Bunny. You've still got it, and I'll bet you'll still be kicking butt at 80. (just lay off the Marlboro's cause we all want you around for a long time to come.)

PS have you heard anything about your Visa? Really hope you make it to the States this year.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
Go to handbuilt.net.au and find Peter's videos. Peter and Tom worked together and Peter's DVD's are packed full of excellent info. #'s 7,8,and 9 are the ones to get if you are on a budget.

Thanks Chris.
Wonder what DVD'S 7,8,9 are about.
And I was much interest in using just hand tools & thinking of trying to create a one piece panel. That's all. Don't have a budget to spend much.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manza View Post
Thanks Chris.
Wonder what DVD'S 7,8,9 are about.
And I was much interest in using just hand tools & thinking of trying to create a one piece panel. That's all. Don't have a budget to spend much.
Hi Manza
the dvd's 7/8 and 9 is about advanced shaping, it show various forms of stretching and shrinking metal, hand swaging and hand forming techniques which can ultimately be applied to making any other panels. The car is 1968 Australian Muscle car called a Monaro similar to the US Cevelle (think this is the correct spelling)
Peter
PS here below a quick video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM

www.handbuilt.net.au

Old 05-01-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hamilton View Post
Peter I've seen you, spent a few days with you in Pennsylvania, and I know one thing...when you are that age you are still going to be going strong.
You are a Italian/Australian Energizer Bunny. You've still got it, and I'll bet you'll still be kicking butt at 80. (just lay off the Marlboro's cause we all want you around for a long time to come.)

PS have you heard anything about your Visa? Really hope you make it to the States this year.
Hi Chris
I have applied for the visa, now I am waiting for an answer from the US consulate let;s hope that all is OK, if that is so I should be in the US the Month of September /October
Peter

www.handbuilt.net.au