All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 03-18-2016, 08:35 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Another shipment of the Tommasini wheeling machines is being prepared for shipment

Peter has informed me that due to the overwhelming response to the first offering of his cast iron wheeling machines, that I could announce the fact that he is preparing another order of these wheeling machines for delivery to the US. Jimmy Matthews has agreed to store them in his warehouse here in Rock Hill, S.C., and I have offered to coordinate the sales and delivery of these wheeling machines. It will take about three weeks to prepare and crate the shipment and this last shipment took almost 7-weeks to arrive.

At this time the first of the six wheeling machines on that order has been spoken for, and if there is anyone with an interest in acquiring one of these imported cast iron wheeling machines, they can contact me at: wildcad@comporium.net or Peter at: tommasini@handbuilt.net.au

The cost per wheeling machine on this order is $3200 delivered to Rock Hill, S.C., as part of a six machine shipment. A $1600 deposit is required, and PayPal has been the preference for both Peter and myself. This price does not include the upper wheel, the lower anvils or stand. Peter has made arrangements for a specific set of (4) lower anvils and an 8" x 3" upper wheel to be made for this wheeling machine with Joe Andrews at Hoosier Profile for a price of $750 including shipping here in the US. This upper wheel design is for using the much larger bearing that is used for the cantilevered upper wheel. Joe can be reached at 260-301-9034 or metalmaster@mchsi.com

I am currently putting two of the wheeling machines on pallets for shipment to locations here in the US, and will have a specific cost for that soon. (expected to be about $80-$100). I have earlier received an estimated shipping costs thru Fastenal for shipping costs between $150 - $300 for inside the US shipping. When this round of boxing and shipping is completed, I will have more specific cost information. I am offering to deliver the box to the local Fastenal store here in Rock Hill, S.C, at no charge.

Each of the first three buyers that have picked up their machines from this first order has offered to give prospective customers an opportunity to test the cast iron machines at their own shops.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:05 PM

There are currently three machines that a deposit has been received for on this second order, leaving only three more that are available.

I just received the shipping quotes from Fastenal for two locations in the first order and one for the second order, all out West, and they are all the same price. I asked for a quote to Oregon, Los Angeles and Denver, Colorado and they all came in at $225. $3200 insurance is included if the shipping crate is enclosed and sturdy.

There might be a slight adjustment for the wheel package from Hoosier Profiles, depending on the supply of the much larger upper wheel bearings.

If there is an interest in any of the remaining wheeling machines, PM me or contact me at wildcad@comporium.net
Old 03-30-2016, 02:44 PM

A fourth wheeling machine has been committed to, leaving only two remaining.

Anyone interested in acquiring one of these remaining two can get additional info by contacting me by PM or wildcad@comporium.net The shipping arrangements will be similar to the last shipment, and Peter has told me that this second set of six is currently being machined and painted and that he has started building the shipping container for them.

As mentioned earlier, there is a deposit required of $1600 (prior to shipping), and the balance of $1600 due upon delivery - expected in about 10-12 weeks.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:32 PM

We are getting closer to being able to determine the shipping date for the new order of wheeling machines. The demand has been quite good and there is an order of eight wheeling machines to be delivered. Peter is awaiting for the 7th and 8th wheeling machines to be delivered so that he can modify the shipping container to hold the additional two machines.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:49 AM

We have had one buyer back out, leaving the eighth wheeling machine available. This will be the last order for awhile as the first run of castings is near being depleted. If you have an interest, you may place an order by sending a $1600 deposit to: wildcad@comporium.net or sending me a PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:06 AM

The eighth wheeling machine has been accounted for, just in time. The box is prepared awaiting the assembly and painting of the last wheeling machine. Peter has indicated that they will be shipped sometime in the next week.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:09 AM

I just received confirmation that the box has been prepared and that this second shipment will be taken to the exporter in the morning.

Peter also informed me that of the most recent casting order of 12 wheeling machines, there are only six left to be exported. It will be an extended time before any more castings are ordered.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:57 AM

Default They are on the way!

Peter has sent these pictures and advised me that they are on their way.

SAM_3967 (800x600).jpg

SAM_3968 (800x600).jpg

SAM_3972 (800x600).jpg

SAM_3985.jpg

SAM_3986.jpg
Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 PM

I have been informed that the second shipment of Peter's wheeling machines has landed in Los Angeles and is awaiting customs review and X-ray, before the train trip to Charlotte, N.C.