All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > General Discussion
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 10-30-2018, 06:21 PM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Default Original Beverly Shear stand questions

Does someone here have an original Beverly Shear stand that is willing to share some dimensions and possibly better pictures than I'm finding on the Internet?
Old 10-30-2018, 06:56 PM

I'm pretty sure the one I have is an original. I'll take some pictures and post them this evening.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

I'll be able to post some photos Wednesday. Mine has 3 legs, 2 in the back. Looks factory to me.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:22 PM

Thanks, guys- that would be great. I want to make a permanent stand for mine before it gets knocked over or dropped and broken.

I'm most interested in details of the flat iron-shaped top- fabricated, cast, leg attachment, ?? the Irvan Smith shear stand may be pretty close in overall dimensions, but any measurements from a real one would help verify that.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:44 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Feb 2015

You might give them a call. They're still in business in Chicago. 773-233-2063

Don't believe everything you think.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:36 PM

From what is being said mine is probably not original, but here are the pictures. I have measurements too if you want them.

Sorry, I'm having trouble downloading the pictures. It is a four legged stand with a square plate on top and tubular legs.

Last edited by norson; 10-30-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobadame View Post
You might give them a call. They're still in business in Chicago. 773-233-2063
I did speak with them earlier this year soon after I found & got mine. It was a very good experience. Thought about checking with them for a stand, but my growing pile of steel for projects is already here and needs to be used... Looked for their website that I had seen with parts lists but am having trouble finding it.

And for anyone who thinks the choice between Made in USA and china copies is no big deal- call the number above, tell them you bought a imported Beverly Shear that doesn't cut right and take your medicine like a big boy. Like so many other import knock-offs, these are an outright stolen design that have hurt real people with real jobs, products and reputation. Doesn't matter whether you get it from Eastwood, HF, or whoever. It's still a rip off.

A small company like Beverly will go broke trying to sue everyone to protect their original design, so they just lose business. When it's your job or product, you'll understand. Until then, maybe Beverly's employees can help you understand.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:29 PM

PA300561.jpgHere is a picture of my stand. Extremely well built and I have thought it was "factory", but with what others have said I don't know. Sorry for the sideways orientation, but rotating it will not let me post.

Last edited by route56wingnut; 10-31-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffrod View Post
I did speak with them earlier this year soon after I found & got mine. It was a very good experience. Thought about checking with them for a stand, but my growing pile of steel for projects is already here and needs to be used... Looked for their website that I had seen with parts lists but am having trouble finding it.

And for anyone who thinks the choice between Made in USA and china copies is no big deal- call the number above, tell them you bought a imported Beverly Shear that doesn't cut right and take your medicine like a big boy. Like so many other import knock-offs, these are an outright stolen design that have hurt real people with real jobs, products and reputation. Doesn't matter whether you get it from Eastwood, HF, or whoever. It's still a rip off.

A small company like Beverly will go broke trying to sue everyone to protect their original design, so they just lose business. When it's your job or product, you'll understand. Until then, maybe Beverly's employees can help you understand.

I second what Clifford said about "genuine" "original" etc. I had a HF and ended up giving it away. It did cause me to buy two genuine Beverly shears. I should have known better. I worked for thirty-five years selling Genuine Factory Auto Parts. There is a difference. Buy it just once.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:58 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October '14 , April '16, July 2020, Jan 2023

Default Beverly factory stand

We've been carrying Beverly since 1999, and have been to the factory and seen all the inventory. The factory stand is two legs in front and one in the rear, allowing operator's feet to stand in front.
stand.jpg
IMG_2420-e1491392806130-600x600.jpg
Rounded end plate on top, and legs weld on (but can also screw in, so can be shipped....)
Yes - top plate is one inch cast steel ....
Been meaning to offer this stand for some time .... other things took priority.

http://www.tinmantech.com

"All it takes is a little practical experience to blow the he!! out of a perfectly good theory." --- Lloyd Rosenquist, charter member AWS, 1919.

Last edited by crystallographic; 10-31-2018 at 04:03 PM.