All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Resources
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 04-20-2014, 02:35 PM

Sounds like Joe McGwyn's failed endeavor some years back. I paid for a subscription and got one issue before being told I wouldn't get any more. I always thought I would put that issue on E Bay someday - who knows, I might come out ahead. This might work for you guys too.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:29 PM

Default Estates in Calif

Estates that are less than $100K, or in Trusts, do not have to go through probate in California.

Ron Covell, Autofuturist books (Tim Barton/Bill Longyard) and Kent White metalshaping DVD's available, shipped from the US. Contact lane@mountainhouseestate.com for price and availability.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 AM

The Barton family now owns a stash of book #5, and maybe book #6.

It will be very telling if those books ever appear for sale on ebay or other outlets. We'll know for sure the angle they are taking if that happens.

Keep your eyes open!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:32 AM

if anyone upcoming purchases the remaining books from the family and then sells them to customers -- I'll be one of the first to purchase #5 and #6 once posted here online.

Has anyone contacted the printer itself to see if #5 and #6 are sitting in a warehouse and are still awaiting shipment possibly due to non-payment from the estate itself? (and if so -- what options are there to purchase the abandoned items and/or re-sell?)
Old 04-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
if anyone upcoming purchases the remaining books from the family and then sells them to customers -- I'll be one of the first to purchase #5 and #6 once posted here online.

Has anyone contacted the printer itself to see if #5 and #6 are sitting in a warehouse and are still awaiting shipment possibly due to non-payment from the estate itself? (and if so -- what options are there to purchase the abandoned items and/or re-sell?)
There would have to be something illegal about defaulting on the many already paid customers and then selling the same books on to new customers.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
There would have to be something illegal about defaulting on the many already paid customers and then selling the same books on to new customers.
Other option is to file a creditors claim with the probate court --> : http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/proba...itorsClaim.pdf

** HERE IS THE CREDITORS CLAIM FORM IN PDF FORMAT ** http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/de172.pdf

I'm not going to go into the legal aspects of it all, but if there are no creditors claims -- the probate court nor the family will have to deal with it or acknowledge the existence of said books and orders. Thus the books would most likely come to the marketplace eventually due to the "value" that somebody within the disbursed estate goods deems they could get for them.

Last edited by Superleggera; 04-22-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 PM

Default Payment by credit card or PayPal

If you paid by credit card or PayPal . I think you can claim your money back, though them. Give them a try!
Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 AM
MetalShaper of the Month March 2019

yes paypal dispute is 45 days from purchase date and visa cards I believe are up to 100 days, I have had to go through that process for something else recently.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:44 PM

So those of us who paid maybe two years ago are S.O.L.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:23 PM
MetalShaper of the Month October 2015

I also emailed paypal, and they told, the rule is the 45 days of the purchase, so they wont´investigate.They just suggested to open a disbute, to pressure the seller..Well, wont work in this case..I ordered mine at 20.12.2012..

So, it is better, to not pre-order, anything.Cause you can´t have your money back, if over 45 days is gone, and you haven´t opened a disbute on the given time...even if you never get the item you purchased..That is what, I think should matter in here, the fact that the item has never been sended.

Somehow i get the feeling, the family knows, that paypal protection, won´t help, in this case..so why bother answering emails, and phone

--------- JJ ----------

Last edited by Janne; 04-22-2014 at 02:26 PM.