All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Events
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 05-09-2017, 11:06 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Just a quick note to say thanks to Dan and LuAnn for another outstanding presentation of the Route56wingnut metal shaping event. Dan always the latest and greatest assortment of metal shaping tools and equipment and it is always a pleasant and learning experience. LuAnns ability to organize and co-ordinate the food is impressive and we always have good food at Dan's events. Some of those cheese-potatoes and pulled pork barbecue made it all the way to South Carolina, but unfortunately none of the cookies or ice cream bars made their way home. Might have something to do with Jim sleeping as he did.

Pics to follow soon.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:07 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Here are some pics as I mentioned in the above post. This event is always a good one from Dan and LuAnn Pate, and this one was no exception. Lots of equipment, talent and knowledge to share. Jim and I had a great time, and got plenty of help from John Tratnau, Leo Straley and 'Kansas' Jim. This event was further enhanced by another one of Pat 'Patman' Brubaker's classes, once again on one-off buck making. Food was excellent once more and was enhanced by an amazing 84 pound cooking of pork shoulder done by Todd Landon. VERY nice! There was a display of the use of a metal forming lathe, and Steve Hamilton and another gentleman put on a seminar using the press brake and Pullmax to show how Steve made a door jamb bottom for his truck project. I neglected to get any pics of this project, perhaps some one else can post some. Billy Jack, once more supplied me some technical information, that I will frame and put on my shop wall. Per-Metalman Sweden was sorely missed, but not forgotton. Jeff Dyce created more copper pieces of art, and the photos of how the 'magic butterfly' was displayed will remain in my private collection.

JimStanDan 228.jpg

JimStanDan 232.jpg

JimStanDan 251.jpg

JimStanDan 252.jpg

JimStanDan 256.jpg

JimStanDan 257.jpg

JimStanDan 258.jpg

JimStanDan 264.jpg

JimStanDan 272.jpg

Last edited by route56wingnut; 05-14-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:27 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan. 2011, Nov. 2016

I can't thank Dan and Lou enough for another great meet! It was my wife Joey's first metalshaping meet and she had a nice time. It was the first camping trip in our new (to us) camper and the weather was perfect and with the road closed it was really quiet. Sorry I don't have pictures to share this year do to a phone malfunction. I can't wait for next year.....
Old 05-13-2017, 10:35 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan. 2011, Nov. 2016

http://www.allmetalshaping.com/attac...chmentid=41750
That butterfly was a quickie but somehow that seemed to fit the purpose. Joey sure enjoyed visiting with you WILL!
Old 05-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Here are some pics as I mentioned in the above post. This event is always a good one from Dan and LuAnn Pate, and this one was no exception. Lots of equipment, talent and knowledge to share. Jim and I had a great time, and got plenty of help from John Tratnau, Leo Straley and 'Kansas' Jim. This event was further enhanced by another one of Pat 'Patman' Brubaker's classes, once again on one-off buck making. Food was excellent once more and was enhanced by an amazing 84 pound cooking of pork shoulder done by Todd Landon. VERY nice! There was a display of the use of a metal forming lathe, and Steve Hamilton and another gentleman put on a seminar using the press brake and Pullmax to show how Steve made a door jamb bottom for his truck project. I neglected to get any pics of this project, perhaps some one else can post some. Billy Jack, once more supplied me some technical information, that I will frame and put on my shop wall. Per-Metalman Sweden was sorely missed, but not forgotton. Jeff Dyce created more copper pieces of art, and the photos of how the 'magic butterfly' was displayed will remain in my private collection.

Attachment 41742

Attachment 41743

Attachment 41744

Attachment 41745

Attachment 41746

Attachment 41747

Attachment 41748

Attachment 41749

Attachment 41750
Will where is the installed photos of those butterfly's