All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Miscellaneous stuff you need to know > Posting Pictures
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 12-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Default photo debacle

i never thought i'd be in the position of wanting to put photos of my work up on the forum as i've never used a camera in my life,dont own/can't use a mobile phone and am a total idiot when it comes to computers.imagine my great surprize to find a folder full of photos of a wee project i have been building appear on the computer.it appears that my lodger has been secretly taking pictures as the build progressed and downloaded them all onto the computer.
this morning i got brave and managed to email them[one at a time] to a friend of mine-successfully.so got even braver and tried to work out how to put them up on here-3 hours later my brain has turned to mud and i achieved precisely nothing.read /reread/rereread the sticky's etc and it means absolutely nothing to me-dont suppose anyone got the patience to point me in the right direction? taking into account that my knowledge of computers can be balanced on a grain of salt!
to possibly sway someone considering the impossible!the build-i had a leftover rolling chassis[with blown engine] of a 1968 scout international and was wondering what to do with it and was challenged to turn it into a 'gentleman's offroader'.it had to be classically designed, light,the panels/bodywork had to be easily repairable as it was an offroader and be comparatively quick to make as do not have the spare time to spend thousands of hours on it.-as a result it is all riveted construction as way quicker than welding and any panel can easily be removed individually.not only that but as a buck was out of the question timewize it is built superleggera style with the frame becoming the buck.the whole body can be removed in under 2 hours and easily picked up by two people.as for a description -it is somewhere between a leman's bentley[1920's/1930's] and chitty chitty bang bang without the wings.seats 4 and is open topped.it now has a ford capri 3l v6 in it[out of a capri] mated to original 3 speed box.it is all finished barring the fuel tank,paint,upholstery and electrics.total build time so far is a very acceptable 400hrs as includes total refurb of chassis/axles etc
if anyone accepts the challenge to enlighten me-thanks in advance but please be patient as i genuinely have no idea of what i'm doing on a computer.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Ok, fLet's try this by the numbers.

1 -Are the photos on your computer? If so, you've got a great start. If not, email them to the computer you visit us with and 'save' into a file folder that you can easily find....Project X or whatever.

2 - Are the photos too large. If you right click on any photo...click on the Metalshaper of the month photo above... there is something that says view image info. If you select that it will tell you how big the photo is. In the case of Peter's wing it is 433x200 px or pixels. On our site, 800x600 or 600x800 pixels is a good size. Much larger and you'll get an error when you try to attach it. If your photos are larger than 800x600 ish, we'll need to figure how you can best resize them but let's hope they are OK.

3- Create a test post. See in the upper row of the box a paper clip? Click on that and it will bring up a 'Manage Attachment' box. There are 10 slots with a browse button beside them. Click on the browse button and tell it what directory your photo is in and the file name. Move to the next open space and repeat with the next photo. When you've done all 10 or all you wanted, click the upload button. It takes a few minutes.

Type a few words and submit the post.

Try this and let's see what you have. There is a bit more but we won't overwhelm you until we see some progress. It's not hard...just different. You're not the first and won't be the last not to understand something.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:15 PM

many thanks-daughter coming visiting soon so will have another go under her supervision and your instructions.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65

Get her to show you how to resize the photos. That's the hardest thing to describe but it's easy to do.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Metal Shaper of the Month, November 2012

oh boy! im excited! metalshaping pictures!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:07 AM

dont get too excited just yet-the lodger reckons the photo's will need resizing
Old 12-08-2013, 08:24 AM

Ferguson, sent you a personal message re photos.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:10 AM

Default Hi Ferguson

Hi Ferguson,

I would be very interested in seeing your pictures as I am planning a riveted body, much the same as the structure on some of the aircraft I fly.
Best regards
Tony