All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 07-01-2019, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Location: Near Huntsville, Alabama. Just south of the Tennessee line off I65
Default Great News: Hoosier Profiles NOT closing at the end of the year.

Joe Andrews just made this post on Facebook:

Quote:
We will be Closing Hoosier Profiles at the end of 2019.
There are many reasons for this Decision, Shipping increases, Steel prices, Lack of a International Sales, Business and Property Insurance, and also Machine Repairs.
Our Economy here in the USA is fantastic, however that means the Exchange rate for other Countries is Terrible. USA Sales are not enough to keep us out of the Red.
As an Example Australia was our number one International Country for Sales, their current Exchange rate is 1 Australian dollar is .70 cents USD. Currently we get one Order a Month from Australia if we’re Lucky. We used to Ship 3-5 packages a week to Australia.
The first 6 years we were in Business we were profitable, the last 3 have all been a Loss.
We want Everyone who has purchased Our Products to know We Really Appreciated Your Business.
At years end Our Lawyers will be dissolving Hoosier Profiles Legally, and they are also Protecting Our Proprietary Items now, until then we will be taking orders, if Sales continue to fall off we will Close sooner.
This is the Last Chance to place an order. There will be no more Sales, and any remaining Items we have will be Listed until Sold.
Sincerely,
Joe & Peggy

This is terrible news for the metalshaping community. To my knowledge there is NOBODY that comes close in terms of quality, regardless of price.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:17 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

I visited several colleagues. They do a good job. Their molding equipment is appalling. They don't know EW. They don't want to invest in equipment.
I understand them wrong paying them for their work.
Therefore they work without love for work and therefore do not invest. I was very surprised.
Maybe the answer ...
Old 07-02-2019, 03:30 AM

Thank you Joe and Peggy for your support of our hobby -passion-business over the years. I am always disappointed when people are unable to turn a profit and eventually walk away. Sometimes no matter how hard you work there comes the time to know when to call it a day. That’s a tough decision to make. It takes courage and I applaud you. I will have a chat to Peter T and see if we can get his anvils to the US at a good rate. As the Aussie dollar is falling by the week and will probably bottom around $0.59 it may present an affordable alternative. Good luck with your future endeavours. Kind regards Kiwi John
Old 07-02-2019, 03:38 AM

Hoosier are a wonderful business to deal with, as well as friendly and making superb tools.

What a shame! Good luck for the future Joe and Peggy,

Cheers Charlie
Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 AM
MetalShaper of the Month January 2020, March 2022

Tough news. I hope the process can be resolved as well as possible for Joe and Peggy.

I only purchased wheel & anvils from them for my HandBuilt English wheel and have no complaints. I would have liked to purchase more from them, but as a one-off specialty manufacturer myself in an incredibly difficult market, it's tough to make all the numbers work.

Think about what you value & then think who and what you actually support.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:34 AM
MetalShaper of the Month June 2016

This is sad news indeed.

I updated my upper yoke years ago to fit one of their 8x3 upper wheels, but never placed an order. I've spoken with Peggy, and am placing an order for a hardened wheel and anvil set for my upgraded yellow noodle. I feel like you can't have a proper wheeling machine unless it has a set of Joe and Peggy's wheels and anvils on it.

Best of luck to Joe and Peggy in the future.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:36 AM

The exchange rate is a huge issue for me. Currently it is just under 15/1 and getting worse. I have looked at a few of their products, but all I can do is look.

https://www.facebook.com/ADFAB48/
Old 12-18-2019, 12:11 PM

Default UPDATE on HOOSIER PROFILES

Hello All! This is Peggy, We have had customers raise concern about us closing, So Joe and I have decided since we make wheels for many manufacturers we will remain open But we are aliminating some of our product line. We will as of Jan 1 2020 Will only be making English Wheels, And Planishing Hammer dies. We are Not going to provide adjusters, Lifters, cradles or Bead Dies from here on out. Thank You All for your Business and Hope you All have a Very Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
Joe Andrews just made this post on Facebook:

This is terrible news for the metalshaping community. To my knowledge there is NOBODY that comes close in terms of quality, regardless of price.
Decatur IN, 46733

Phone 260-301-9034
Fax 260-724-2236

Old 12-18-2019, 01:44 PM

Default Fantastic!

Peggy and Joe,
Great news! It’s great to see craftsmanship find a way to survive.
I took a class several years ago and mentioned that I would some day like to build my own wheel.the instructor commented “don’t you live in Indiana? The best wheels and anvils are made there by Hoosier Profiles”.
It is with great pride when I show someone the wheel that the wheel and anvils come from HP, in Indiana!!
Have a great Christmas!
You’ve given us all a reason for a Happy New Year!🍾
Old 12-19-2019, 05:55 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Andrews View Post
Hello All! This is Peggy, We have had customers raise concern about us closing, So Joe and I have decided since we make wheels for many manufacturers we will remain open But we are aliminating some of our product line. We will as of Jan 1 2020 Will only be making English Wheels, And Planishing Hammer dies. We are Not going to provide adjusters, Lifters, cradles or Bead Dies from here on out. Thank You All for your Business and Hope you All have a Very Merry Christmas!

Terrific. Glad to hear it.

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154