All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Heads Up Announcements
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 08-25-2019, 05:58 PM

I've just received my lifter and adjuster from Joe and Peggy after a long hiatus where life got in the way. I previously invested in a hardened top wheel & full set of anvils with the intention of building a wheel. Life slips away and these two great people luckily still produce world beating products with a superb level of personal service. I can't blame them for their decision though I'm glad to note they are currently busier than they have been in three years but that doesn't mean it's going to last.

As has been said here their products last a lifetime which unfortunately goes against securing repeat orders but given their expertise, I would urge anyone thinking about what their future needs are is to - "Order It Now before it's too late!!!"

All companies have a life because they are managed by people with their own lives and lifetimes to lead. Hoosier Profiles is a family business that I appreciate because my parents had a similar enterprise. To take the level of knowledge, time and money that Joe & Peggy have invested makes me doubt that anyone will step into their shoes.

Best Regards to All here on AMS.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:43 AM

Sorry to hear. Along with the issue mentioned about limited repeat customers with a quality product, you also have too many people who don't understand quality anymore.

I've been meaning to put together an e-wheel for a couple years now. It looks like I better get on it this Fall - at least get the parts from Hoosier. Looking at the 3x8/2x3 set for a good all-around option unless I can be convinced otherwise.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:42 AM

I just saw this post on Instagram:
Quote:
hoosierprofiles

Since announcing we would be Closing at years end we have been busier than ever, Thank You to All of Our Customers.
Many of Our Customers expressed concern about our closing, so with the Increase in Sales we still be offering Upper and Lower English Wheels, Planishing Dies, and a few other items.
We no longer will be making Adjusters, Lifters (upper Yokes), Lower Cradles, and Bead Dies.
I’m so overwhelmed with orders right now that I have to make more Adjusters, Lifters, and lower cradles.
If your needing these items please order them before years end.
Thank You Everyone for Supporting us through Our Hardest Times.
Joe & Peggy
Hoosier Profiles
ps Please Share this.
The bold portion (my emphasis) sounds like they'll continue to produce limited items into the future. I hope I'm understanding that correctly.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:46 AM

Damn, I'm sure glad to hear that. Need some anvils. The end of the year was going to be a little tight, money wise.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:11 PM

Default UPDATE on HOOSIER PROFILES

Hello All! This is Peggy, We have had customers raise concern about us closing, So Joe and I have decided since we make wheels for many manufacturers we will remain open But we are aliminating some of our product line. We will as of Jan 1 2020 Will only be making English Wheels, And Planishing Hammer dies. We are Not going to provide adjusters, Lifters, cradles or Bead Dies from here on out. Thank You All for your Business and Hope you All have a Very Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pinkerton View Post
Joe Andrews just made this post on Facebook:

This is terrible news for the metalshaping community. To my knowledge there is NOBODY that comes close in terms of quality, regardless of price.
Decatur IN, 46733

Phone 260-301-9034
Fax 260-724-2236

Old 12-18-2019, 01:44 PM

Default Fantastic!

Peggy and Joe,
Great news! It’s great to see craftsmanship find a way to survive.
I took a class several years ago and mentioned that I would some day like to build my own wheel.the instructor commented “don’t you live in Indiana? The best wheels and anvils are made there by Hoosier Profiles”.
It is with great pride when I show someone the wheel that the wheel and anvils come from HP, in Indiana!!
Have a great Christmas!
You’ve given us all a reason for a Happy New Year!🍾
Old 12-19-2019, 05:55 AM
MetalShaper of the Month Dec. 2019, Feb. 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Andrews View Post
Hello All! This is Peggy, We have had customers raise concern about us closing, So Joe and I have decided since we make wheels for many manufacturers we will remain open But we are aliminating some of our product line. We will as of Jan 1 2020 Will only be making English Wheels, And Planishing Hammer dies. We are Not going to provide adjusters, Lifters, cradles or Bead Dies from here on out. Thank You All for your Business and Hope you All have a Very Merry Christmas!

Terrific. Glad to hear it.

my project:
http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showthread.php?t=154
Old 12-19-2019, 06:23 AM
MetalShaper of the Month April 2020, September 2021, November 2022

Congratulations. To endure and not to be disturbed by general opinion and fear.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:00 PM

Admin -- Need to change the thread title to "GREAT NEWS".
Old 12-20-2019, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by norson View Post
Admin -- Need to change the thread title to "GREAT NEWS".
Good call – done!