All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Projects > Beginner Projects
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM

Default New stump, first test

Took some time off from my car project, and made a new stump and some hammers. I've been saving this oak log for awhile. I carved a round recess, and tried a, egg shaped one. Don't know if it will be good, but it started round then I hit a bad spot in the wood and was forced to do it. I also had some maple left over, and made two mallets, just to try them out, and had a pice of uak I made into a slapper. Took a leaf spring and put it into my forge to bend to make a steel slapper, and cooled it alittle too fast, it shattered Tried them out out a piece of scrap to make a panel on my trunk, it had a recessed license plate I want to remove. Wish I had a wheel, thats next. Still have to planish it on my bowling ball.

DSCN2737.jpg

DSCN2738.jpg

DSCN2739.jpg
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM

Nice work. Thanks for sharing. We have a common interest. The other site that I visit most days is the BinderPlanet. I have two Scout II's ('75, '79). I am not at the body working part of either of those projects yet.

Well done is better than well said. -Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM

I have IH fever too, it started with a 1946 IH K2, frame off almost finished. My daily driver is a 1971 Travelall, and I just picked up a rusty 1980 Scout. I've been working on my 1949 Dodge Wayfarer, I post it on the HAMB. I sectioned the car 2" and chopped the top 3". It has a Dakota front clip and a 440 engine. Too many projects and not enough time or money.