All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > General Metal Shaping Discussion > Basic questions and answers
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM

The upcoming USPS shipping increase, import duties (around 10%) and sales tax (21% here in The Netherlands) make ordering items from the USA a lot more expensive.

Items with a value of $25.00 or less can be imported tax and duty free over here, so maybe it might be cheaper to ship each anvil individually and put a value of $25.00 on each package. I have no idea how much shipping would increase when choosing this option.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Andrews View Post
This is a Good Discussion. I totally understand Fees associated with Shipping outside of what we have control of. The Fees Suck, In the USA we don't pay taxes on most items like the items I sell. I buy what is Affordable but I don't ever sacrifice Quality. Justin in the UK ripped my Products off when I still worked at the last place, but at least he Copied a Good Product. I see he does not Guarantee Concentric Bearing Journals though. The Chinese ripped off the cheapest manufacturer, and they wonder why there stuffs junk.

2 Points I have to comment on yet then I'm done.

1 We Sell Wheel sets at a discounted price for those of you only wanting Anvils, and we cut almost any Bearing Journal you want.

2 P.S.I is a Big Concern. Take a Look at Our 2x3 Wide Tracks, they are the same profiles as Our 3x3's, we just took half an Inch off the edges. Having the Bigger Contacts is an Advantage.
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the comments. I have been looking seriously at your stuff and it looks fantastic. I'd love just to buy the complete set you currently have on ebay but with shipping and customs it's going to make it really expensive for me. Justin's stuff's not cheap either in comparison and it might actually be cheaper to buy the wheel and anvils from you if I can't afford the whole package.

Cheers,
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 AM

I bought my stuff from Joe and the shipping wasn't too bad. The 4x9 upper was heavy! though.
Worth paying the extra imho.

If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:55 AM

Thanks Ross,

Did you get hit with import duties? I've emailed Joe for some prices, it seems like the best approach and best to have a quality product that will last. I'll just need to eat the receipt so the mrs doesn't find it. ;-)
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 AM

Default Fees an Duties

Import Duties Kill a Lot of Potential Orders.
What Many Customers do is Research their Taxes/Fees/Duties etc, then upon understanding how the Fees work try to arrange shipping.
For example in one Province in Australia packages over $300.00 are Taxed, and if more than 3 Packages go through at the same time the Totals are added up then taxed. No Problem, we split the packages up, and send them out with declared values. Usually we can Ship most items except for the Upper Wheels which are made to order.

We will do everything we can to accomodate, but sometimes it just can't be done.
Decatur IN, 46733

Phone 260-301-9034
Fax 260-724-2236

Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 AM

Default Costs and receipts

Joe,

I know you and Peggy couldn't be more helpful and if shipping is putting people off that's a real shame as they should talk to you first. When you have time I've sent you a PM and would like your advice please.

Mitch, I've also sent you a PM re Hoosier that you might want to look at.

Posted by a professional receipt eater.....
Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Andrews View Post
Import Duties Kill a Lot of Potential Orders.
What Many Customers do is Research their Taxes/Fees/Duties etc, then upon understanding how the Fees work try to arrange shipping.
For example in one Province in Australia packages over $300.00 are Taxed, and if more than 3 Packages go through at the same time the Totals are added up then taxed. No Problem, we split the packages up, and send them out with declared values. Usually we can Ship most items except for the Upper Wheels which are made to order.

We will do everything we can to accomodate, but sometimes it just can't be done.
Thanks Joe. I've sent you an e-mail regarding prices through your website online form. The only way to reduce import duty for the UK is to under declare the value. I like your stuff and it has a good rep so best off buying right the first time.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:26 AM

Default V2

Attached is a simplified version, maybe I could put a radius on the top right edge. This design will also have a bit better weight distribution as I quickly calculated the weight distribution and the old design is front heavy so leaving more material at the rear will help and will also keep her stiff. The design also maximises the throat access for working. I'd make it 125mm thick. What do you think? It's not sexy but simple and will be a doodle to make.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf V2.pdf (50.5 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM

Default V3

Well I've done the smart thing and ordered the parts from Joe, now I just have to do them justice with my frame and my wheeling.

V3 of the frame sketch attached. That's pretty much it now I reckon. A mate is going to draw it up in autocad for the laser cutting. He's also going to incorporate notches in the frame for gussets which will fit into the notches to position everything accurately and then it will be welded together.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf v4.pdf (37.6 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM

I think that was a good decision

but why do yo want that bulky lower arm ? if you make topp adjuster why not make a Kery style frame, it can stil be build from laser cut plate

karlfredrik@unneberg-bil.no

Peter Tommasini DVD sett for sale
serie 1-3 http://www.unneberg-bil.no/product/193535
serie 4-6 http://www.unneberg-bil.no/product/193536