All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > GETTING STARTED > Introductions
Register All Albums Event Calendar Today's Posts Search
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 12-16-2015, 09:24 AM

Default New from S.C.

Hello, this is Jason from Charleston, SC. I'm a computer dork by day which pays the bills but I've found through the years I've lost my interest in it. I've worked on cars as a hobby all my life. My father had a restoration shop for many years which really en-grained the love for classic cars and hot rods. I tend to lean toward the traditional hot rod and customs world but I really appreciate all things old and unique. I was a machinist for about 10 years before getting into the IT world and was always fascinated by the metal shaping and fabrication guys but didn't really have the opportunity to study. Now that I'm older, metal shaping has really taken my interest. At this point I'm a 100% beginner. Mostly studied books and internet about shaping. I went to one weekend class a couple months ago at Yocum's Rod Shop in Virginia. I was totally overwhelmed but hooked! Since then I'm gathering tools and arranging the garage to begin learning the manual ways of doing things. From there I hope to move up to the powered machines one day. Maybe this will just become an addition to my car hobby or maybe it can turn into more. I hope to learn more with this forum, learn of additional training I can attend, and just become part of the community.