All MetalShaping

Go Back   All MetalShaping > Metal Shaping Stuff For Sale > Business Classifieds
  Today's Posts Posts for Last 7 Days Posts for Last 14 Days  

Old 12-16-2016, 08:20 PM
MetalShaper of the Month Jan 2019

Default Peter Tommasini is taking orders for the fourth shipment to US

Peter has informed me that he is being asked in Australia for more of his wheeling machines. He has had to sell his own machine from out of his own shop twice! Saying that he has been 'forced' to order another batch of 25 castings that are due in mid January, and he has tagged at least (8) of them for shipment to the US. Some one has learned of that, and I have taken a deposit already for the first of those (8) machines, leaving seven available. You can contact me at: wildcad@comporium.net or Peter directly at: tommasini@handbuilt.net.au
Old 01-05-2017, 12:26 PM

Peter has advised me that the current order for castings is going as scheduled and has said that there are still seven left on this shipment to the US.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 01-05-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:39 AM

Default Update to details regarding this fourth wheeling machine shipment

I have been in recent contact with Peter regarding this fourth shipment of wheeling machines, and he has indicated that the order has been placed with the foundry and that the completion date is getting near at hand. There still have to go to the machine shop, be detailed and painted.

Peter is now taking orders for his fourth shipment, what he feels will be the last shipment in the near future, of the last (8) wheeling machines to be headed to the US. Three of them have already been spoken for. You can contact me as well regarding an order for this fourth/last shipment.

If you have an interest in ordering one of these Cast wheeling machines, contact me by PM or email and you can contact Peter in the same manner. These cast iron wheeling machine have been VERY well received, and as long as the monetary exchange rate is favorable to Peter, the very low, competitive price will remain in effect. Search and compare and you will be pleasantly surprised.

The upper wheels and anvils are made to fit Peter's wheeling machines by our own member Joe Andrews, here in the US, at Hoosier Profiles and they are highly thought of, and are, of the finest quality, both in operation and appearance.

Last edited by RockHillWill; 02-09-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:18 PM

(Four) of these wheeling machines on this fourth shipment has been spoken for, leaving (four) left to be ordered.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:28 AM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
(Four) of these wheeling machines on this fourth shipment has been spoken for, leaving (four) left to be ordered.

Sorry Will there is only six wheels coming to the US this time there has been a bit of misunderstanding between me and the casting guys due to a change of manager they made less than I ordered
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 03-12-2017, 09:13 AM

Default Responding to some recent inquiries

Good morning, Mike , Christain and Dan

I commend you for your interest in Peters wheeling machines. Here is an excerpt from one of the posts on the Allmetalshaping site regarding the price and method of payment:

This post is done for the purpose of letting those of who are or intend to be, serious metal shapers. The third and last (for awhile, anyway) shipment of the Peter Tommasini designed English wheels has become available. Peter advised me on Monday, that the last of the order for 40 castings is being prepared for importing to the US. Up to this point he has sold 14 here in the US, 6 in Europe and 10 in Australia. Of the 10 that are left, only 6 are being made available for this shipment to the US. These are the first cast iron English wheels to be imported into the US in over 42 years, and are of the FINEST quality and design. I already have orders for two of these machines.

These wheeling machines in this last shipment are available for $3300 less upper wheel and lower anvils. This lowers the shipping costs substantially. To acquire one, a deposit of $1700 is required to get on the shipping list. The balance of $1600 is due upon their arrival here in the US. The finest US made upper wheels and four lower anvils are made by Joe Andrews at Hoosier Profiles. The specially designed upper wheel and lower anvils are available for $780. The fact that payment can be made in three segments has been a major selling point for these wheeling machines. I am NOT in the metal shaping machine selling business. A conversation between Peter and a friend of mine (Jimmy Matthews) that bought one, ended up with both of us volunteering to assist in the disbursement of the machines that arrive here in the US for those that also acquired one of these wheeling machines. They are shipped by ocean container to the US, shipped by train to North Carolina, and delivered by truck to here in Rock Hill, SC. where we disassemble the shipping container and make the individual wheeling machines available to those that purchased one.

If the buyer is not close enough to Rock Hill, SC to come pick it up, I will contact Fastenal, get the shipping quote, put it on a pallet in a box and deliver it to the nearest Fastenal store for delivery for $120. I have had very good luck with the Fastenal. We have shipped wheeling machines from here in South Carolina to as far away as California and Oregon for under $240 including insurance.

Payment is best made by using PayPal to the below address for the $1700. Be sure and send it to me as 'friends and family...' so that I receive the entire $1700 to pass on to Peter. This shipment is getting ready to be machined and delivery will follow the full order of (6). Four have been spoken for.

I can be reached at: wildcad@comporium.net or PM me.

Here is a link to some pictures from a Peter Tommasini class at my shop that shows some pictures of the machines that Peter has built.

http://www.allmetalshaping.com/showt...eling+machines

Last edited by RockHillWill; 03-12-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:39 PM

I just received another deposit, leaving only one left that I know is available. I initially thought that there were going to be eight, but have been advised that there is only six being sent to the US at this time. I have received three deposits and two have been 'spoke' for , leaving only one left as available.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:52 AM

Peter has informed me that the current fourth order has been sold out and he is finishing the shipping crate in a manner that might pre-empt the holding and inspecting and 'de-bugging' that has occasionally held up the delivery once the crate has arrived in the US.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:53 PM
MetalShaper of the Month May 2013, Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHillWill View Post
Peter has informed me that the current fourth order has been sold out and he is finishing the shipping crate in a manner that might pre-empt the holding and inspecting and 'de-bugging' that has occasionally held up the delivery once the crate has arrived in the US.
Will...
The box for the fourth shipment as been ordered and will be at my shop in 4 days. the company that is supplying the crate has said it will provide me with the necessary documentation confirming fumigation so that hopefully the crate will not be delayed or cost me anything more for storage once it reaches the States. I just find it strange that this problem of fumigation has occurred
suddenly after the 3rd shipment. I will let you know as soon as I have a confirmed date for the crate leaving here and arriving in the States
Peter

Metalshaping tools and dvds
www.handbuilt.net.au

Metalshaping clip on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAh91hodPg

Making Monaro Quarter panel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIpOhz0uGRM
Old 04-21-2017, 06:14 AM

It's possible that there was another shipment from your area of the world that contained bugs and now they have to inspect everything coming from your geographical area for the issue.

There also might be some nasty little bugs that have shown up in your area of the world that they are concerned will invade the states as has happened with the "stink bugs" from China and others that have hitched a ride over hiding in a crate.

Likely not really related to "you and your box" your just caught up in the process of protecting our environment.

We have some really big infestations that have come from other shores that we wish had been caught before they had the chance to proliferate.

Might just be people and systems doing their job to keep us all safe